Kryptek and their utilization of Powertex Group to fullfil ordering......

Daniel_M

WKR
If you've ordered Kryptek and dealt with Powertex Group, I'd like to hear some feedback on your experience with them (Powertex Group). Positive/negative..don't be shy!

Just to be clear, this is not a lead on in any way against Kryptek, the people, Butch, or the products. I'm happy with the products, the people and I support Kryptek.

Last edited:
I called the other day and was treated great they answered all my questions and were helpful. My last two orders have shown up very promptly also. Kryptek is slowly taking over my Kuiu.

Shrek

WKR
I think the Kryptek guys live in Alaska so they have to outsource their order fulfillment. Personally running the shipping from Alaska wouldn't work well. I bet if they know of issues they will take care of them.

OP
Daniel_M

Daniel_M

WKR
I think the Kryptek guys live in Alaska so they have to outsource their order fulfillment. Personally running the shipping from Alaska wouldn't work well. I bet if they know of issues they will take care of them.

I see what your saying. But, Kryptek isn't based in Alaska. Butch, a co-founder, lives in Alaska. My quest for feedback isn't about Alaska or the location. Hope that helps.

Ronster

Lil-Rokslider
I had an excellent experience with them on this last shipment of preorder stuff. I talked to Jason a couple of times, once when I noticed some of my order was on backorder when it should have been included in the shipment and he went down and personally packed what needed to go. Excellent group of people if you ask me.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I've placed several orders from Kryptek and called Powertex a couple times with no issues at all. Very helpful on the phone about my order and the date he told me my back-ordered item would ship, it shipped. In house is usually the best option for a smaller starting company but based on my experience I'd have to say they are doing just fine with the outsourced distributor.

CritterGetter

Lil-Rokslider
I've switched everything over to kryptek and they've been awesome. Shipped everything within a day or so. Some of it wasn't in stock and they shipped what was then ate the shipping cost on the backordered stuff when it came in.

Floorguy

WKR
The standard shipping is ups then they switch to USPS in Washington. Evidently when it goes to USPS it gets moved to parcel post. Buddy tracked his package to federal way in Washington took 2 days then it took 2 weeks to make it to anchorage.

OP
Daniel_M

Daniel_M

WKR
The standard shipping is ups then they switch to USPS in Washington. Evidently when it goes to USPS it gets moved to parcel post. Buddy tracked his package to federal way in Washington took 2 days then it took 2 weeks to make it to anchorage.

Ouch. I have friends who's package was sent back to Kryptek/Powertex from Alaska.

Shipping/Handling is indeed a common issue for us in Alaska.

6t4nova

WKR
Spoke with them today and it was a good experience. I called to cancel my order of Alaois pants that I pre ordered in July that still hasn't shipped. Anyhow, they were supposed to ship today so I didn't cancel it. Was a little disappointing that the local Cabelas had everything in stock, yet I still didn't have my pants.

Floorguy

WKR
Shipping/Handling is indeed a common issue for us in Alaska.

No doubt but living up here makes up for it.

When did they start using powertex? I don't remember having a problem last november/december when I ordered gear with any weird shipping.

OP
Daniel_M

Daniel_M

WKR
No doubt but living up here makes up for it.

When did they start using powertex? I don't remember having a problem last november/december when I ordered gear with any weird shipping.

Powertex has always been the direct shipping company if you order from Kryptek.com. Cabelas is different.

Buster

WKR
Great to deal with, seemed like the guy was a bit limited on info about products, (was quizzing on jackets) but I could get that info in other places too. Also, had to cancel an order and reorder later, the conversion from canadian to US killed me. Lost over $20 on a $350 order. I'm guessing thats VISA, not Kryptek or powertex though. Everything has shipped promptly and ordering has been easy (a little too easy if you asked my wife).

6t4nova

WKR
Spoke with them today and it was a good experience. I called to cancel my order of Alaois pants that I pre ordered in July that still hasn't shipped. Anyhow, they were supposed to ship today so I didn't cancel it. Was a little disappointing that the local Cabelas had everything in stock, yet I still didn't have my pants.

Well, not so good experience on that order.... Pants that were supposed to ship last Friday still haven't shipped. Went ahead and cancelled the order. Now I have to scramble to find a pair of Alaois pants in size 34 by tomorrow before I leave for the opener.

I have two things I think need to be addressed. First I have recieved 2 packages from them. Both times the boxes were of poor quality and tape seemed to be treated like its $100 per foot as minimal amounts were used and one time I believe an item and the order sheet fell out in transit because they were not in the box. Kryptek gladdly refunded the money but I would rather I had just recieved the item. Then the second box came and it was in very similar condition with only about an inch of tape holding the center seam wrapping onto the ends of the box. The cardboard was very thin and all mashed up. My second complaint is the cost of shipping. It starts at $15 minimum and only goes up from there. I have no idea why it is that much because just about every other company I would order from has considerably cheaper shipping and rarely it totals over $10. Products and service are great but when you spend hard earned money on something it's a little worrying to see that poor trashed box when it is delivered especially when you paid $15 plus for shipping it.

colonel00

WKR
Here is an excerpt from a thread I started about Kryptek and KUIU. Since it is relative to this topic I think it may provide useful info to someone in the future.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/show...k-and-KUIU-online-orders-The-good-and-the-bad

Kryptek:

As mentioned, I have seen a thread or two where people are frustrated with things being backordered from Kryptek. With that, I posted a thread a couple weeks ago since the Koldo jacket I wanted was listed on the web store as in stock. Just to be sure I contacted Kryptek and received a reply from a gentleman at Powertex Group. I am guessing this is Kryptek's distributor. Anyway, I don't name this gentleman because I don't believe he was intentionally being misleading so I don't think he deserves any negative feedback.

In my inquiry to Kryptek, I asked if the Koldo jacket was truly in stock and what their turnaround time would be since (at that time) I would be leaving for Alaska in just over two weeks. I was told "It is in stock, there are only 2 Left and it will ship ups within 24 to 48 hours and take 2 days". Great! The order was placed within a day and it still appeared in stock on the web store. Well, 48 hours came and went and my order status on the site never changed from "Waiting to Ship". So, I just figured there were some minor delays but no big deal as it was still a good week and a half until I left.

Finally, a week later, I send them another email asking for an update. I receive a reply back of "My name is Nicholas Fennel and I will be handling Kryptek from here on out. I checked on your order and unfortunately it is still on backorder. We are looking to receive goods on Monday and have them checked in by Tuesday. I will do everything I can to expedite your order so it reaches you in time. Please let me know if you have any further concerns." Huh? Never once was I notified that it was on backorder and I was told it was in stock and ready to ship. That was the whole point of my first contact. Obviously, up to this point I was a little frustrated. I understand the challenges of smaller companies as I work in one. However, as a customer, I expect to be treated with respect and honesty. Just tell me it is backordered and we can work something out. That seems to be a good chunk of frustrations I read in other threads as well.

So, enough with the negative. Yesterday (Wednesday) I checked in with Nicholas again as I still had not seen a shipping notification and I leave this Sunday. Nick was great and took my number to check on the order. He called me back within a few minutes and confirmed that the jacket was shipping yesterday with a two day delivery so it would be at my door by COB on Friday. Fantastic! That is all I needed to know. So, thanks to Nicholas for prompt service and quality communication. Please pass along positive feedback to him if you can.