Kowa 66a or 88a for a second bigger spotter?

sprink

FNG
I currently have a 553 spotter that I really like for its light weight and compactness and is plenty of scope for me hunting the WA coast. Now that my kids are getting older we are going to start planning out of state mule deer hunts so I figure now is a good time to add another spotter so a) my kids can help glass and b) hopefully fill a gap where the 553 lags. I really like the idea of the 66a for its size, weight and price but am worried that there’d be too much overlap with my 553 whereas the 88a seems like it’s in a whole different class for low light glassing. I read Matt’s review on the 66a and it looks like it hangs with the 88 all the way up to just the last few minutes of light according to the review which is very impressive. There’s no local dealer near me to look at the two in person so any personal experiences or opinions on the two would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help

Tahoe1305

WKR
From someone who has the 66 and thinks it’s amazing and done some comparisons and read other comparisons comparing the 66/77/88.

I’d take one of these sweet 77 deals (seen some as low as $1800) and get the perfect in between.

My 2 cents…only reason they discontinued it is they knew it would eat in on the 66 sales.

OP
S

sprink

FNG
From someone who has the 66 and thinks it’s amazing and done some comparisons and read other comparisons comparing the 66/77/88.

I’d take one of these sweet 77 deals (seen some as low as $1800) and get the perfect in between.

My 2 cents…only reason they discontinued it is they knew it would eat in on the 66 sales.
I’ve consider this option as well, there’s currently a couple in like new condition for sale here in the classifieds.