Kodiak flex bow stove setup?

Kgentry

Lil-Rokslider
Planning on setting up my tent with a stove. I’m building a small propane stove and I’m curious as to how close you guys are running your stoves to your tent walls? I’m planning on running my stove jack out of the side wall but I’m just trying to figure out the best placement for the stove and still have the most space in my tent.

Boiserunr

FNG
I'm sure you have already decided but I finally got a propane stove and stove jack installed in my 12x9 Kodiak and a 10x14 springbar. cabin tent with stove.jpg

Attachments

• cabin tent inside 2.jpg
    cabin tent inside 2.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 108
  • spingbar ext stove.jpg
    spingbar ext stove.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 104
  • inside springbar.jpg
    inside springbar.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 107

snowtoy83

Lil-Rokslider
Planning on setting up my tent with a stove. I’m building a small propane stove and I’m curious as to how close you guys are running your stoves to your tent walls? I’m planning on running my stove jack out of the side wall but I’m just trying to figure out the best placement for the stove and still have the most space in my tent.
Any specs on the stove you are building?

slick

WKR
I'd want it out the back door on the stretch between the screens.

Benchman

FNG

I know this is a pretty late reply, but just saw the post and wish I would have had more info when I installed my stove. I chose to put mine out the side wall next to the front door. Putting inside the door makes for easy access to firewood, and it takes up less usable space in the tent. I think the roof is too flat, especially if you get into heavy snow conditions. Also, I felt that the tension the roof is under could cause future issues with stitching on the stove jack. I use a Reliable Tent stove jack, Kni-Co Alaskan Jr. stove w/ standard package stove. I added an additional length of pipe due it being angled out the wall and an elbow. For the floor protection (not seen in pics) I use a welding blanket from Harbor Freight and a disposable roast pan (w/ slots cut in sides) that I place upside down under the stove as a floor heat shield. I also installed an eyelet on the the exterior section of pipe with cables and turnbuckles that connect back to the flex rods to secure and adjust pipe.

It has served me really well for the past four years in rain, snow, high winds here in Idaho. I plan to add an pipe elbow on the outside of the tent to turn the pipe vertical. In high winds that come directly at the pipe have pushed smoke back into the tent. The stove system sold by Springbar has two elbows for this same purpose.

NOTE: Kodiak Canvas does not recommend installing stove jacks for combustible stoves in the Flexbow tents.

Attachments

• IMG_20200410_122025433_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200410_122025433_HDR.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20200410_123017741.jpg
    IMG_20200410_123017741.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20200417_144658110_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200417_144658110_HDR.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 73