Kiwi heading to Nevada for work - tag along a hunt?

Zbot

WKR
I’m helping a few friends with antelope and depredation bull tags in august in the ely area🤷🏻‍♂️

My hunt doesn’t start until December.

Probably won’t be much going on in big game at that time. If it wasn’t 8 hours away I’d come take you out coyote hunting. Maybe someone close can meet up.

OP
P
Finally got a schedule and the free weekend I have will be the weekend 10-11th of August, I could possibly push my flights out to be around for the 17-18th August. Even if its a local and wants to grab a beer. Happy to meet some fellow hunters

Luke S

Lil-Rokslider
If no one takes you on a hunt I'd look into what kind of hiking/backpacking is around there just to get out and explore a different area. I know there are some interesting places in NV.

Hi all,

Looks like I will be heading to Elko for 2 to 3 weeks at the end of July/start of August for work. Would love tag along hunt if someone is heading out. Or even catch up with likeminded people for a beer.

Happy to reciprocate with a DIY in NZ.

Hope you have a good trip out here. Elko's about 4 hours east of Reno, with an awful lot of vast emptiness by car in between - equal parts desolate, gorgeous, and awe-inspiring, depending on what mile marker you happen to be at in any 30 minute interval. Elko happens to be in one of the prettier parts of the state, as well. When you're there, definitely partake in a nice dinner at The Star - northern Nevada has some of the best Basque dining in the world outside of Spain, and The Star serves some of the best in Nevada.

Orelds

FNG
Hey! I’m actually in Elko pretty often for work and know a few good places to grab a beer. Would love to meet up if you’re around. I can’t join the hunt, but I’d definitely be up for swapping stories over a drink. If you’re ever in New Zealand, hit me up for some DIY projects or a beer.