Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 ACP - Looking for information

colonel00

WKR
I know this one is kind of random but I also know there are plenty of guys on here with vast firearm knowledge.

Long story short, I have a smoker I am trying to sell on my local craigslist. In the ad I did mention that I might be interested in a partial trade for a Glock 20 since I have been eyeing a 10mm. A gentleman texts me today offering a "Kimber Custom Ultra CDP II". Not exactly what I was looking for but still seems to be a fair trade. I am not sure what he means with the "Custom" portion so I inquired more on that but essentially the picture matches what I find on the Kimber site.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/cdp-ii/ultra-cdp-ii

I don't know yet how old it is or how many rounds were fired through it but I should be getting more info and better pics. Anyway, anybody out there have any experience with this gun? I was asking $1000 for the smoker and initial searches show this gun to be fairly comparable. Since I don't have a real "need" for it, I will probably be looking to flip it to help fund my PR-49 purchase. Any thoughts from the roksliders? Thanks

if its the aluminum receiver you are worried about, they have made them pretty bullet proof. unless the guy was some kind of competition shooter it is probably ok. have an older kimber compact , one of the first with the aluminum receiver and it has served me well. not shot a lot but if needed it will perform. right out of the box it had a dead night site cell which really bothered me as you would think quality control would have caught it before it got out the door dealer sent slide back and very quick turnaround time. have had two kimber rifles a 308 model 85 i believe and a 22-250 in a varmint configuration and have had problems with both with bolt issues. customer service was great and both were fixed very quickly and no problems since.

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
Thanks for the reply. Mostly I am just curious as to the resale value but the more I read about it, I might just have to hang onto it.

husky390

WKR
Good guns, Commander size, just make sure it does not have an external extractor. They had issues with them and I believe you have to send the gun back to Kimber so they can install a "proper" extractor.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the exact Kimber you have mentioned. I carry it all the time and have shot it plenty. The Kimbers are top notch. I would estimate re sale a little below $1000. I bought mine about 15 years ago and paid about $1150 for it.

shaun

WKR
I have the exact Kimber you have mentioned. I carry it all the time and have shot it plenty. The Kimbers are top notch. I would estimate re sale a little below $1000. I bought mine about 15 years ago and paid about $1150 for it.

Agreed! I have same as Doug