Killik Axiom Rain Gear

Looking to get an affordable set of rain gear but don't want to waste my money on rain gear that doesn't work. I've been looking at the Killik Axiom Rain pant and jacket from Sportsman's and wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Thanks in advance for all the help.

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
I have no experience with the Killik Axiom but if you want affordable waterproof rain gear it is hard to beat Helly Hansen.

nobody

WKR
No experience with the rain gear, but my experience with Killik has been mixed. I worked at Sportsmans for a few years and got a smoking deal on their store brands, killik included. Had most of what they offered except for a couple pieces, and it was largely underwhelming. The shirts and pants were ok, but everything else was disappointing.

I wear Cabela’s brand Guide Wear rain gear and have been impressed. It goes on sale often, I’ll continue to buy and use it happily. Don’t skimp on rain gear, you’ll regret it when you get in there and you’re soaked to the bone and shivering and you’ll wish you’d have ponied up the extra $50 for the better stuff.

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to get an affordable set of rain gear but don't want to waste my money on rain gear that doesn't work. I've been looking at the Killik Axiom Rain pant and jacket from Sportsman's and wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Thanks in advance for all the help.

I have the axiom rain pant and coat and it’s actually pretty decent. The fit is good and the pit zips are a little awkward but do their job on the jacket. I’ve had it in intense rain and snow and stayed perfectly dry and at the same time, it breathes enough to keep you dry when pushing it up the mountain. Not too loud either. I’ve tried some other killik stuff but the fit has been weird or uncomfortable with the other pieces but the axiom is good for me. I’m 160 lbs, 5’11” and the medium fit me well with some layers underneath. Good luck.

OP
A
I have the axiom rain pant and coat and it’s actually pretty decent. The fit is good and the pit zips are a little awkward but do their job on the jacket. I’ve had it in intense rain and snow and stayed perfectly dry and at the same time, it breathes enough to keep you dry when pushing it up the mountain. Not too loud either. I’ve tried some other killik stuff but the fit has been weird or uncomfortable with the other pieces but the axiom is good for me. I’m 160 lbs, 5’11” and the medium fit me well with some layers underneath. Good luck.

This is the experienced feedback I was looking for thank you. I have a good friend that works at sportsmen’s so I can get them for super cheap but still didn’t want to drop the money on junk stuff vs looking for used higher end brands that still costs an arm and leg. I’m 160lbs and 6’1” so very similar body as you. Have you found the arms on the jacket with mediums to be tight at all with layers? I’ve tried the medium and large on and felt the medium just a bit tight when raising my arms up with my puffy on under it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
This is the experienced feedback I was looking for thank you. I have a good friend that works at sportsmen’s so I can get them for super cheap but still didn’t want to drop the money on junk stuff vs looking for used higher end brands that still costs an arm and leg. I’m 160lbs and 6’1” so very similar body as you. Have you found the arms on the jacket with mediums to be tight at all with layers? I’ve tried the medium and large on and felt the medium just a bit tight when raising my arms up with my puffy on under it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The arms on the jacket are fine for me when I’m layered up. In fact, I was wearing it when I was elk hunting in -6f temps and didn’t feel restricted on movement, but I was moving most of the time. I will add that if your puffy is very thick, I’d recommend a large. My main puffy is fairly thin and layers well. The sleeves are decent on length as well but with your couple of extra inches in height the large would again probably be better on overall length of the jacket and the sleeves.

I have some kuiu stuff as well, and it is a little bit better for sure but if you get the Killik axiom on a good discount (I got mine for $60 on clearance), it’s worth a shot. If the Killik was full price ($160), I’d pay the extra $100 and get the Kuiu.

Last season was my first time ever hunting. I bought the Killik Axiom rain gear. First day of elk season, it was an atmospheric river... I have to say the Axiom gear kept me pretty dry! Its ok stuff, but I ended up tearing the pants on some black berry thorns, but Sportsman's replaced them for me no questions asked, so that was nice. When its raining hard, and I was sitting glassing, the pants start to soak through more than I expected. The coat did great. I plan on getting better pants for this fall. I'm 5ft 8, 170lbs, and the medium size fits me great. Its got a very athletic fit to it. I hunted almost 10 days straight and besides the pants getting a small tear, it held up fine.