Kifaru Shipping charges

Trial153

WKR
I paid 100 for the Sherman in mulicam...Its not cheap for what it is really...so maybe not

LostArra

WKR
$85 and $10

$85 and $10 shipping like everyone else charges would seem more normal.

I guess that would be ideal for the buyer but if Kifaru wants $110 to send you a Sherman pocket then I just proposed a way to do it with less public kickback on shipping charges. Maybe $110 with free shipping would be even better. Loyal K-buyers don't seem to mind paying a premium for their products.

I was in the same boat ordering a Native. Always wait until I have enough things to order to justify shipping

hwy5076

FNG
I think Kifaru gear is top notch but I've hesitated on some items due to shipping costs. I've shipped duplex frames for less.

If it makes you guys feel any better, at least you don't live in Colorado. We have very similar shipping charges AND tax.

I get that they can't do anything about tax. But I recently ordered a Lost Park Parka and the shipping was $22 for the 130 mile trip. Next time it will probably be cheaper for me to take a day off work, drive to Denver, go to lunch, get my wife a manicure, and drive back home.

OP
M

MtnMuley

WKR
That seems messed up. I don’t remember shipping even being that high on some pack orders.

When that stuff goes on I call or message Aron and it gets resolved. Whoever answered the phone today wasn’t thinking. No way that costs that much, I ship a ton of stuff and that could go in a flat rate box a lot cheaper.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could call Aron and possibly get the shipping lowered, but I shouldn't have to nor do I want to. I want everybody who appreciates their gear to get treated the same way when they go online to pay full price for items.

Trial153

WKR
Personally I woudlnt call to ask to lower the shipping, if I dont want to pay it then I wont order. If 10 or 15 dollars more is going to break me then I probably shouldnt be buying anything.
That said it would be nice to see the shipping cost closer in line to other retailers, however boutique industries tend to command boutique prices.

MattB

WKR
Maybe it is just me, but I focus on the all-in price and not how it is split between the product and shipping/handling It is either worth it to me or it isn't. No rant needed.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’ve always wondered why the shipping was so high. I’ve bought a lot of much heavier items that didn’t cost near as much as a pack and frame that included free shipping.

lumis17

Lil-Rokslider
I’m wondering if someone just entered the weight of the pocket incorrectly into their system. Maybe 10lbs instead of 10oz or something like that.

Elksniper

WKR
Here we go again on this topic. I've been a lifelong supporter of Kifaru, buying my first Longhunter in 01. Best decision I've ever made as far as getting into the best of the best as a mountain hunter. Over the years I've owned several more of their packs. Currently have 5 complete set ups for different uses. Now, back to the point......recently, I've researched the Sherman pocket and absolutely need one as it seems to be the answer to a few of my needs, so I put one in the cart and headed to check out. $85 and shipping ......... this is where the problem arises again. The cheapest shipping option is $25+. This is flat out pathetic for merely a half pound foldable item. I realize this has been an issue in the past, but thought they moved on and had their shipping costs where they needed to be these days? The last thing I want to do is badmouth these guys as I've been a huge supporter over the years and put many of guys in their packs, but for the love of God, get this issue fixed!
I bought some mega pullouts a month or so ago and the shipping was really reasonable

OP
M

MtnMuley

WKR
I added a 4 pack of ultralight pullouts and came up with $4.78 shipping.

isu22andy

WKR
Just remember - because you care about your dollar theres a line of people that dont. Im sure their mark up is atleast 50 or more percent . They should be able to ship for free, but theirs a line of people that dont care cause it says Kifaru its the best and they will pay for what they believe in . Koolaid. Hook line and sinker. Im just as guilty as the next guy somedays.

I'm not sure it's all Kifaru. I forgot my Yeti cup at my parents house and they shipped it back to me and it was $16.00 at USPS, UPS was even more, to ship. It would have been cheaper for me to drive the 40 miles back to their house to pick it up.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
As much as I like Kifaru stuff, I’m more or less done buying from them. Last year I made an order, I called a few days later to add another thing to my order so it could all ship together. They refused to let me add anything to my order even though it was far from shipped, no amount of discussion would change their mind so I had to pay a seven of 25.00 shipping fee to get that item.

I won’t even get into the fiasco that unfolded when I ordered my pack from them and it showed up with wrong/missing parts.