Kifaru question

land cruiser

Lil-Rokslider
New to kifaru product line and thoroughly confused with modularity and options. I want to buy one for a friend to start with, see if he likes it and may be get one for myself. What's the best way to navigate and pick something that would work well? What specs will I need to provide?

OP
L

land cruiser

Lil-Rokslider
Fair enough, I just thought I can call with something tangible to say, something more than.... I want to buy your backpack ☺

Either one of them will be more than willing to help you navigate through their product line. As far as something tangible to say, I would suggest having a good idea of what the pack is going to be used for. For example is it going to be a 20# day pack or a 90+# 10 day pack. Giving them the most information on what the pack is going to be mainly used for would be were I would start.

kodiakfly

WKR
I want to be one of your friends! :)

Me too. Either that, or I need better friends. I've had to buy all my own Kifaru stuff.

Fair enough, I just thought I can call with something tangible to say, something more than.... I want to buy your backpack ☺

Like was said above, when you call, have an idea what it'll be used for. If you're hunting coues deer in TX, you'll need a different pack than if you're hunting moose in AK. Likewise, how long. If you do weekends, you'll need less pack than if you do weeks. Are you an ounce counter? Will you be using it mainly as a day pack or mainly as a hauler, or even both? Will you be carrying odd loads like treestands or rafts? Have these questions answered for yourself before you call, convey it to them and let them fill in the rest- volume, model, options.

Same with the frames. How much weight will you be carrying? Max weight? How often? Do ounces matter to you? How tall are you? Watch their vids on how to tell what kind of back you have; normal or flat and if you'd be better off with composite or aluminum stays. 24" or 26".

They'll have you a pack picked out in 5 minutes and you can be confident it's the right pack.

I asked Aron a question about a used Kifaru by PM last year. He responded by giving me his cell phone #. I called & said something like "I'm looking for a new hunting pack. I've never even seen a Kifaru anything but they seem to be popular". He walked me through options, answered all my stupid questions, & about a month later my new HighCamp 7000 on a Duplex frame arrived. I haven't looked back. I didn't put near as many miles on it as I was hoping in the past year, but it has met my expectations for comfort & functionability & then some. I have never worn a more comfortable or versatile pack, & Aron went way overboard on customer service. Never made me feel like an idiot or a pain.

mAv

Lil-Rokslider
I asked Aron a question about a used Kifaru by PM last year. He responded by giving me his cell phone #. I called & said something like "I'm looking for a new hunting pack. I've never even seen a Kifaru anything but they seem to be popular". He walked me through options, answered all my stupid questions, & about a month later my new HighCamp 7000 on a Duplex frame arrived. I haven't looked back. I didn't put near as many miles on it as I was hoping in the past year, but it has met my expectations for comfort & functionability & then some. I have never worn a more comfortable or versatile pack, & Aron went way overboard on customer service. Never made me feel like an idiot or a pain.

Aron (and probably the rest of Kifaru if they are anything like him) knows how to treat folks. The high quality of their work combined with people who want to do right by their customers makes for a lot of brand loyalty. Most companies say they are customer focused, Kifaru has proven it repeatedly. It also helps that they have great products.

OP
L

land cruiser

Lil-Rokslider
Ruining my life?:) I love "where have you been all my life moments" Gots to have more of them. Who is Aron anyway? Do I just call Kifaru customer service and ask for him?

xXlojackXx

Lil-Rokslider
Aron is a fella that knows a shitload about Kifaru and enjoys long hikes in the middle of the night in sub 0 temps. Some say hes half stone sheep, half man..

dotman

WKR
Yeah just call, your pm not get a response right away as I think he gets tons each day.

Shrek

WKR
Aron is a fella that knows a shitload about and enjoys long hikes in the middle of the night in sub 0 temps. Some say hes half stone sheep, half man..

That's no bull chit either. I think it was 4:30 am his time in late December two years ago first time I ever talked to him and he was out hiking doing testing.

OP
L

land cruiser

Lil-Rokslider
Cool beans, thanks guys. Do you know which time zone are they in? I certainly don't want to be the guy calling anyone at 4:30 am