Light "Tweener" Pack

Scoot

WKR
My buddy is looking for a new pack. He's got a Kifaru that he likes very much for bivy-type hunts- it's about 5500 total in size (probably bigger with pockets) and serves his needs well. He's got a day pack he likes too. He's looking for something that would be pretty light in weight and somewhere in the middle of these two packs. Something that would be just big enough to do 2-3 days overnight on the mountain, but noticeably smaller and lighter than the Kifaru while still being able to take of load of meat out. He's not thinking about a new bag for the Kifaru- he'd like an entirely new pack for this.

Given all the pack gurus in there, I figured some of you would have some great suggestions on the latest and greatest options available. In short, he's looking for something smaller/lighter than his current bivy option, but that would allow a couple nights on the mountain and to haul meat effectively.

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
I've been researching this same question lately, since I have a 1800ci day pack and 6400ci expedition pack. The Solo 3600 mentioned above could give me over 16oz weight savings and you have the option of adding some extra space with the lid. SG's new pack, the Col 4800, is just ~3oz heavier but doesn't have an option to add a lid. I like the Solo for versatility and will likely jump on one if I see a good deal.