Kifaru pouches on waist belt

I received my Duplex Timberline 1 bag and Bikini frame on Monday. I am very impressed so far. My question is what does everyone do with the bottom 3 bar sliders on the bottom of the pouches when they are attached to a hip belt. This morning when doing cardio it sounded like I had a bear bell on. I thought i might try some tape or maybe cut them off. What is everyone else doing to keep them from making noise?

Thanks,

Tim

wapitibob

WKR
I had the same problem and decided not to use them on the belt. I will buy a cpl chamber pockets as those only have the upper sliders. You could wrap a little piece of tape around the sliders to keep them quiet.

I had the same problem and decided not to use them on the belt. I will buy a cpl chamber pockets as those only have the upper sliders. You could wrap a little piece of tape around the sliders to keep them quiet.
before you do that let me advise you, i tried that before i ordered a waistbelt pocket as i had an extra chamber pocket but they are such that you cant get the zipper open with one hand when mounted on the belt...

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I don't really worry about the bottom 3-bar sliders on the pouch....they are nice to have if you want to attach the pouch to the packbag itself from time to time and aren't noticable while on the waistbelt...I guess I should say atleast I don't notice them...

Ozz08

WKR
I have two small belt pouches attached to my waist belt and they don't make a sound. Are you guys having the noise issue using the bigger pouches on your belt?

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I tape the bottom 3 bar. Just like Luke, I think its nice to keep them to put elsewhere on your pack if need be. Once you cut them then that just limiting your opitions

OP
D
I should have clarified but my pouches have a small and a large 3 bar slider at each corner of the pouch. The bottom ones make noise as they aren't attached to anything. I think I will try a little Gorilla Tape to quiet them down.

slim9300

WKR
I don't really worry about the bottom 3-bar sliders on the pouch....they are nice to have if you want to attach the pouch to the packbag itself from time to time and aren't noticable while on the waistbelt...I guess I should say atleast I don't notice them...

Agreed. Mine don't make any noise and I used them the last two years on my T1. IDK. Find some duct tape and your problem will be solved.

I will never use my two small pockets for anything other than hip belt pockets, so I guess I wouldn't lose anything by cutting them off.

slim9300

WKR
I should have clarified but my pouches have a small and a large 3 bar slider at each corner of the pouch. The bottom ones make noise as they aren't attached to anything. I think I will try a little Gorilla Tape to quiet them down.

Is there a reason you will ever need the large (1") ones? Is the pack pals webbing 1" or 3/4"?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The reason we attached dual 3 bar sliders is so they would work with tactical and hunting packs.

The tactical packs have a larger space between the webbing compared to the hutning and a 1" 3 bar is needed.

SO YOU DON'T NEED BOTH 3 BAR SLIDERS AND THE ONE YOU DON'T NEED CAN BE CUT OFF.

This will not void the warranty and doubling the 3 bars up was only done to give the user more options.

Agreed. Mine don't make any noise and I used them the last two years on my T1. IDK. Find some duct tape and your problem will be solved.

I will never use my two small pockets for anything other than hip belt pockets, so I guess I wouldn't lose anything by cutting them off.

i know you count ounces so you'd lose a little weight if nothing else ;)

slim9300

WKR
The reason we attached dual 3 bar sliders is so they would work with tactical and hunting packs.

The tactical packs have a larger space between the webbing compared to the hutning and a 1" 3 bar is needed.

SO YOU DON'T NEED BOTH 3 BAR SLIDERS AND THE ONE YOU DON'T NEED CAN BE CUT OFF.

This will not void the warranty and doubling the 3 bars up was only done to give the user more options.

Makes sense for why Bob and the OP were getting noise and I'm not. ;) Thanks for the clarification Aron.

This seems like a smart business decision on Kifaru's part to offer the increased versatility with their pockets.

Last edited:
OP
D
Thanks for the info Aron. I did not know the hunting and tactical packs did not have the same size of pals webbing slots. I will just cut the unneeded ones off.