Kifaru Possibles Pouch Sizing

OP
Z

zacattack

WKR
Turns out the medium is probably a little small for what I wanted. The center section is nice for all my random stuff (possibles). I wanted to use one side for first aid, but my clot pack doesn’t fit. It’s too tall. The other side was for water purification, which for me is a Steripen and a small Sawyer with a bag. They don’t both fit. Ill take this opportunity to see if I can reduce what I carry.

edit: I took the steripen out of its neoprene case and they both fit, and with some effort I got a 32oz Sawyer bag in there as well. I may leave the Sawyer bag in the center pouch though. It’s just a back up for my steripen.

So how much stuff would you say you can get into the medium? I’m back and forth between it and a large.

prm

WKR
Here is about all I can get in a medium. It carries quite a bit, it’s just that the two side pockets are so much smaller you don’t have much flexibility as to what goes where. I’m having to pack based on object size, vice desired organization. I would prefer if the two sides were slighfly larger at the expense of space in the center pocket. But it works and I’m sure you could poll 20 guys and get 23 opinions as to what the correct ratio is.

Last edited:
OP
Z

zacattack

WKR
Here is about all I can get in a medium. It carries quite a bit, it’s just that the two side pockets are so much smaller you don’t have much flexibility as to what goes where. I’m having to pack based on object size, vice desired organization. I would prefer if the two sides were slighfly larger at the expense of space in the center pocket. But it works and I’m sure you could poll 20 guys and get 23 opinions as to what the correct ratio is.
View attachment 144296
View attachment 144297

That helps. Might ends up with a large then

prm

WKR
Would you say a small or medium size to hold 150 rounds of 6.5 or .308 sized ammo?

Not sure if its useful, but 150 pieces of 338 Fed brass fit in the medium. My guess is 150 loaded rounds would still fit, but not with a lot of room to spare. That’s just using the main center pocket.

Last edited:
Not sure if its useful, but 150 pieces of 338 brass fit in the medium. My guess is 150 loaded rounds would still fit, but not with a lot of room to spare. That’s just using the main center pocket.
I appreciate the info. I’ll probably just get 2 of the mediums to be safe.

verysimple

Lil-Rokslider
Is this a new product? I never seen one with 3 zippers

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk