Kifaru Nomad

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Well, littlebuf and I will be meeting up with a couple good buddies for some spring bear hunting in Idaho in a couple months so I thought I would load up the Nomad to get a feel for it. I need to make sure that I like the layout before I leave my Timberline at home for this trip. I laid out all (I think) the gear I will be packing except for food. This will be a hunt were we return to a base camp every night. Everything fit and I had room to spare. This current setup is the Nomad on a Bikini frame with a Longhunter lid, Grabbit II and a small belt pouch.

I did the same thing last weekend. Every thing except food and rifle. It all fit easily. I loaded it with 45 lbs and went for a hike the other day. I think I'm really going to like the Nomad.

I did the same as you Justin. I put my entire sleep system- pad, bivy, quilt, pillow, and shelter in a medium 5 string, and put it in the grabit under the wings. I'm really impressed how small this pack is, even full of all my gear.

It really will hold a lot of gear.

I should have no problem getting a boned out bear and hide in this pack with my gear.

I can't wait to get my Nomad. I still think I'll use my T1 on multi-day trips, but it will be nice to have something perfectly suited for day-hunting and packing elk quarters. Thanks for the post. It's good to see the pack in 'use.'

Back