Browning X-Bolt - Metric Threads for cans

Unckebob

WKR
I am seriously considering buying a Winchester XPR (towards their high end) or an X bolt. I am still deciding what model fits my budget and goals. Ideally, I will find something 22," light, coated barrel and action.

As I am narrowing down my choices, I have come upon a couple of models with 24" sporter contour threaded M13 - 0.75 barrels with normal radial brakes.

Have any of you used a can like a Nomad or EVO Ii on barrels like that? I know I can get a direct thread adapter, but are their sporter weight barrels strong enough to work well with a 14oz (ish) can without accuracy issues?

BTW - there are close out deals on X bolts if you use google fu.

I had a .308 in Xbolt speed with the m13-.75 adapter with a Banish 30 and no issues. Sold it for a tikka in 308 for a better trigger and twist rate. But the gun shot just fine with adapter and large can on the end.

I have multiple "sporter" barrels that are threaded and have suppressors on them when they are being used. No issues whatsoever.

OP
U

Unckebob

WKR
Thank you for all the responses.

I got a new job this morning (which is why was looking) and celebrated by buying a X-bolt Mountan Pro in 6.8 Western.

I got a new job yesterday (which I was looking) and celebrated by buying a X-bolt Mountan Pro in 6.8 Western. My Tikka 6.5PRC will be going down the road.

How did you like the 6.5 PRC in tikka? Any particular reason you are getting rid of it?

OP
U

Unckebob

WKR
How did you like the 6.5 PRC in tikka? Any particular reason you are getting rid of it?

The action was amazing, but I decided that the cartridge was not enough different from my 6.5 CM (I was an idiot for not really thinking things through).

If I could get a Tikka in 6.8W, I would have bought one.

The action was amazing, but I decided that the cartridge was not enough different from my 6.5 CM (I was an idiot for not really thinking things through).

If I could get a Tikka in 6.8W, I would have bought one.
Thanks for the feedback! Fair enough on the similarities. I am really looking at a tikka 6.5 PRC for my next rifle and gathering intel now.