Kifaru Nomad User Reviews

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
No....I suck. I gotta run to my storage area and get that thing back out.

I'll try and remember this weekend.

No hurry man just curious if I missed it. I don't have the funds at the moment anyway so whenever you get around to it is fine. Also would be interested in seeing it rigged to the EMR II if that's possible. Whichever packs the stand better will likely be my choice. As I said though no rush you're a busy man.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If my wife doesn't leave me after this year, it's because she's got a man on the side! Not bitching, as I'm doing what I love, but I'll be guiding, hunting or helping buddies for almost 4 months straight! Anyone need a roommate?
No hurry man just curious if I missed it. I don't have the funds at the moment anyway so whenever you get around to it is fine. Also would be interested in seeing it rigged to the EMR II if that's possible. Whichever packs the stand better will likely be my choice. As I said though no rush you're a busy man.

mt100gr.

WKR
Get while its good! Really looking forward to my nomad (in highlander). Rokslide has been helping me cope with the anticipation and long wait...

amp713

WKR
Aron you can crash in utah at my place any time! Hahaha but will you be available tomorrow? Wanna get this bikini frame all figured out and ordered...

I thought hard about the emr II but I already have the high camp 7k. Maybe next yr I will trade into the emr II if the nomad doesn't work the way I think it will.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Is there going to be this much excitement over the EMRII when it comes out? I'm getting a Barneys with a custom bag made right now, but I still like the idea of the Nomad/EMRII that I can crank down to a daypack size for deer hunts and short jaunts. It's fun reading all the reviews and ideas on the Nomad, but the EMRII is also on my radar...anyone planning on getting one of those, or is the Nomad king?

USPS tracking shows one just landed in Anchorage around 2:30 PM today. :D

wapitibob

WKR
One thing that hit me right away that maybe Aron can answer. I am kind a lost on what to do with the lid. The only straps that can connect come from the bottom of the Nomad panel and that is what Aron crosses to hold stuff in in the videos. However, when I tried this initially, it would really tend to want to pull the lid in a twisting fashion to the center. The other option is as pictured where those straps just run up the sides of that middle bag. I guess I should go watch the videos again.

Nevermind, I forgot that the new Grabits come with buckles on the webbing.

I used a lash kit that has the G hooks on each end and attached it to the btm loops on the frame and the lid loops.

Aron, when you get a chance can you throw some pics up of a mandrake nomad on a highlander patterned frame. I am interested in the contract of the two patterns. I have a highlander frame already. Thanks.

You can get an idea if you look at the photos (60-64) on the Nomad store page on Kifaru. They show the Mandrake HC4800 loaded in a Highlander Nomad.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm heading in to the shop tomorrow, so I'll post up what photos I can.....if anything new is sewn.
You can get an idea if you look at the photos (60-64) on the Nomad store page on Kifaru. They show the Mandrake HC4800 loaded in a Highlander Nomad.

Last edited:
Is there going to be this much excitement over the EMRII when it comes out? I'm getting a Barneys with a custom bag made right now, but I still like the idea of the Nomad/EMRII that I can crank down to a daypack size for deer hunts and short jaunts. It's fun reading all the reviews and ideas on the Nomad, but the EMRII is also on my radar...anyone planning on getting one of those, or is the Nomad king?

EMR2 in mandrake is on my radar............:cool:

c5mrr270

WKR
So I was looking at the photos of the nomad, and I saw a pic where an E&E was run between the wings instead of a back pouch. Does an E&E have as much strap as a back pouch? In other words, could you put a meat baggie between the frame and E&E like you can with a back pouch?

Rocky

WKR
There's been a bunch of guys that ordered the EMR II, but a ton of guides got them too.

I think the EMR II scares people when they hear 8,400 CI, but when they see it in person, they order one. Deeznuts was going to get the Nomad, but he got a good look at the EMR II today and ordered it instead.

I will be ordering an emrII

If my wife doesn't leave me after this year, it's because she's got a man on the side! Not bitching, as I'm doing what I love, but I'll be guiding, hunting or helping buddies for almost 4 months straight! Anyone need a roommate?

You are living the dream Aron! Now,about that roommate for your wife... ;)

7mag.

WKR
I just got my Nomad in Foilage today. I think it's pretty sweet. I loaded it with enough gear for a 5 day trip, so I can take it for a hike tomorrow.