Kifaru Multicam Discontinued?

With all due respect to Kifaru, they made the decision to move there and it's not my obligation to finance that decision, at this point they've basically priced me out of their products. I've got a Kifaru pack and it's been great for me but the pricing has got to the point that future bags, pockets ect. are out for me. Reducing available options doesn't make the price any more attractive.

It’s not the end of the world, but it is kind of strange.

An increasing number of pack companies that I would have guessed sell primarily to hunters can no longer:

1.Afford the expense of camo materials

2.Handle the complexity of a website with camo packs.

3. Receive enough camo orders to warrant selling camo.

I think I better start liking different shades of tan!

It does seem mostly customer driven. I think Kifaru is at least the 3rd pack company I have seen on Rokslide that state the solid colors outsell the camo patterns by an overwhelming margin. I never would have guessed that.

Rokslide may not be accurately representative of the entire hunting market.

There is some interesting justification in here about MC and how it works the best and camo should be for hunting packs, etc, but if that were felt by the customers, they would be buying MC in much larger quantities than other colours. This obviously isn't the case.

I like the idea of a hunting pack being in a solid colour so it's slightly more inconspicuous when out in public with it. That being said, I used my First Lite Fusion Exo 5500 as luggage when flying to and from PnG for a big mountain hike and felt fine doing so.

Obviously, people are allowed to have their preferences, but some of the passionate debate in this thread is surprising to me. I'm less worried about the colour of a bag (personally) and more worried about fit, durability, features, the people behind the company, etc. I say this as someone who owns a Fusion Exo 5500, RG Exo 2000, RG Door Gunner and CB Reckoning and accessories. If I buy more accessories down the line in RG and need to put them on my CB Reckoning, I'm hardly going to be concerned, and the same can be said if I buy a RG Stryker XL or Hellbender to go on the CB frame.

It does seem mostly customer driven. I think Kifaru is at least the 3rd pack company I have seen on Rokslide that state the solid colors outsell the camo patterns by an overwhelming margin. I never would have guessed that.
Though i believe that, solids are not for everyone. There is still a market share for the camo crowd. The question is, who's going to fill that void. As long as its Made in America, i'm game.

Just a thought.

Kifaru might be paying royalties to the camo company.

I know when the cabelas buyout by bass pro happened, mossy oak and real tree camo were no longer offered in the stores. It was reportedly the royalties to the camo companies that caused it.

So then it all boils down to greed on their part. Their gear is good but WAY over priced. Now they don’t offer it in camo, I’m out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Though i believe that, solids are not for everyone. There is still a market share for the camo crowd. The question is, who's going to fill that void. As long as its Made in America, i'm game.
Exo has first lite, hill people gear I believe has multi cam still.

If the k4 would have been offered in multi cam I probably would have went with that color, but it’s purely cosmetic, I can’t picture a scenario where a camo pack could change the outcome of a hunt, or even encounter, even with turkey or predators… if you get busted by the color of your pack, you’re doing it wrong 😂

I understand the desire to have a pack in a color/camo you prefer, and feel fortunate I don’t care… if my favorite pack was only made in muddy girl camo, I’d rock it without reservation… glad that’s not the case, but I’m not color picky.

I would be happy if all hunting packs were the same color just so I didn’t have to decide, and in the process of deciding I have to talk **** to myself for putting any thought into it.

I have been wearing gray pants every day for the past few weeks because they only make them in gray and black and they are one of the few everyday/work pants I have found that fit well and are comfortable, so I got a few pairs … certainly wouldn’t be my first choice in colors, but I don’t like black pants (they show everything) so gray it is, haha… if they only came in black, black it would be. I do understand everyone isn’t like me, which is probably a good thing.

From a business standpoint, I don’t blame kifaru. Of any camo, multi cam is my favorite on a pack.

WKR
So then it all boils down to greed on their part. Their gear is good but WAY over priced. Now they don’t offer it in camo, I’m out.

Making business decisions to maintain profitability in spite of the current economic climate does not equate to greed. If you want to pick the price you pay for a pack, all you have to do is create your own pack company.

Making business decisions to maintain profitability in spite of the current economic climate does not equate to greed. If you want to pick the price you pay for a pack, all you have to do is create your own pack company.
Or buy one that falls into your criteria. I also don’t see it as greed, I assume they have a vision for the company and are working towards that… might lose some customers in the process but I assume it will be beneficial to them as a company in the grand scheme.

We as customers aren’t forced to buy their products and they have some great competition in the pack market, so if we don’t like it, we can spend our money somewhere else. I think kifaru is killing it, and am happy for them, even if it doesn’t fit my needs, I want to see them do well.

They still make one of the best packs money can buy, and are filling the wants of a huge clientele base, they won’t miss any of us individually. They also seem to have a lot of irons in the fire, from involvement in clothing, to classes and courses, to shelters to sleeping bags, puffy gear, etc. I bet they are pretty dang busy, and you can’t make everyone happy.

Selfishly I would like to see all pack companies specialize in packs and put all of their effort into building the best packs they can and refine them over time as they test new designs, but That’s a selfish desire, not what’s best for their company

Goes for any product really, but my wants won’t pay their bills. Kifaru was very similar to that not long ago but I bet they are making a lot more money now, most people hate capitalism unless they are the ones capitalizing

sneaky

"DADDY"
And…..”simpler from your side doing inventory” is exactly what the people want.

Apparently 85% of the people were not buying multicam, if it were your money would you be tying it up in something that isn't selling?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Prototyping is rolling 👀
Excellent! Have been anticipating it! Will it be offered in multi cam?

I kid… I kid😂

I’ve been looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with and have faith it will be a kick ass harness. I will suggest you guys check as many binos as you can in them to check for squeaks, my NL pures squeak in the few fleece lined harnesses I have tried unless they are oversized, which isn’t ideal, marsupial got unusable loud for archery hunting, kuiu is also squeaky with them, I know you guys don’t want a squeaky harness either, but I’m looking forward to seeing what you guys build, knowing you all hunt a lot, and hunt relative to the hunting I do, minus the moisture here, but good coverage and no squeak are my main 2 things, and have faith the harness you guys produce will check all boxes

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Excellent! Have been anticipating it! Will it be offered in multi cam?

I kid… I kid😂

I’ve been looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with and have faith it will be a kick ass harness. I will suggest you guys check as many binos as you can in them to check for squeaks, my NL pures squeak in the few fleece lined harnesses I have tried unless they are oversized, which isn’t ideal, marsupial got unusable loud for archery hunting, kuiu is also squeaky with them, I know you guys don’t want a squeaky harness either, but I’m looking forward to seeing what you guys build, knowing you all hunt a lot, and hunt relative to the hunting I do, minus the moisture here, but good coverage and no squeak are my main 2 things, and have faith the harness you guys produce will check all boxes
Thanks man! We are trying different materials and configurations to knock down the noise. We are off to a good start so far. Once we get it finished and functional. It won't take long to start producing them. So it could be sooner than expected.

tony

WKR
Hey Kifaru,
any MC left? Need an omni /edc belt for an older x ray I may pick up.