Kifaru Multicam Discontinued?

Bnut

FNG
Just checked the website and there is no longer any items in multicam. Did they stop making backpacks and accessories in that color?

I believe so. You may have been living under a rock, mate. They had a huge sale on Coyote Brown and Multicam packs last year to clear out a bunch of inventory before they moved to their new facility.

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes we have discontinued MC and CB. RG was 85% of our sales. The MC and CB just wasn't selling. so maybe at some point we will do limited runs on certain things in MC and CB. But for right now we will be just rolling Ranger Green.

cohunter1996

Lil-Rokslider
Huge bummer but I get the move on Kifaru's part.

I was a big fan of the MC packs.. really wanted to get a 14'r or 357 Mag in MC before they wer gone but no such luck!

That is sad and unfortunate to hear. All my gear is MC because it’s been the only shade/color/pattern that’s been a consistent pattern/shade/color in the kifaru fabric line the last 10yrs. Over the years All the other colors/shades/patterns have had inconsistencies in pattern/shade/color due to the fabric dye lots. Ranger Green has had 3 different shades since it’s inception use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bnut

FNG
Yeah I got a mc frame and two mc packs. Not a huge deal when i buy accessories but I’d like to have gotten them in mc.

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I agree with you guys as well! But from a standpoint of production it just made sense. and on the different colors we have had in a 26 years. imagine dealing with all the SKUs haha. it's going to be a lot simpler from my side doing inventory with having one color for a bag. and RG and Xpac for belt pouches and lids.

I agree with you guys as well! But from a standpoint of production it just made sense. and on the different colors we have had in a 26 years. imagine dealing with all the SKUs haha. it's going to be a lot simpler from my side doing inventory with having one color for a bag. and RG and Xpac for belt pouches and lids.

And…..”simpler from your side doing inventory” is exactly what the people want.

OP
B

Bnut

FNG
Yes we have discontinued MC and CB. RG was 85% of our sales. The MC and CB just wasn't selling. so maybe at some point we will do limited runs on certain things in MC and CB. But for right now we will be just rolling Ranger Green.
85% is pretty surprising to me. I’d have thought MC would have been more popular than that. Stats don’t lie though.

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
And…..”simpler from your side doing inventory” is exactly what the people want.

haha I would of loved to show you the amount of inventory to keep track of in this building. especially keeping track of it moving 25 total semis that each had 22 pallets in each truck from Colorado to Riverton. having 26 years of SKUs built up is fun to deal with. There will be a new more streamlined website to drop this Friday that will make purchasing a lot easier. But 85 % says a lot of what people want

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
But also my prediction is that we will do limited runs of CB and MC at some point. and also dabble with other colors.

haha I would of loved to show you the amount of inventory to keep track of in this building. especially keeping track of it moving 25 total semis that each had 22 pallets in each truck from Colorado to Riverton. having 26 years of SKUs built up is fun to deal with. There will be a new more streamlined website to drop this Friday that will make purchasing a lot easier. But 85 % says a lot of what people want
There is certainly a difference between streamlining for your guy’s convenience and discontinuing a color that doesn’t sell that also makes life easier for you guys as a byproduct.

I’m sure you know as well as anyone that you can never make everyone happy no matter what. I like MC on a pack, but with the info you have shared, it doesn’t make sense to keep it in the lineup if it’s not selling and also complicates things.

I say I like MC, But I have only had one MC pack, because it was always harder to find in stock, or period, and I really don’t care that much about my pack color, I just want it to serve its purpose well, and I always figured when i decided to upgrade, RG is easier to unload than MC

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
There is certainly a difference between streamlining for your guy’s convenience and discontinuing a color that doesn’t sell that also makes life easier for you guys as a byproduct.

I’m sure you know as well as anyone that you can never make everyone happy no matter what. I like MC on a pack, but with the info you have shared, it doesn’t make sense to keep it in the lineup if it’s not selling and also complicates things.

I say I like MC, But I have only had one MC pack, because it was always harder to find in stock, or period, and I really don’t care that much about my pack color, I just want it to serve its purpose well, and I always figured when i decided to upgrade, RG is easier to unload than MC
For sure. And I’ll say this. The easiest Inventory to keep track of is inventory that sales. When Data shows one products that are pushing it makes Work orders easier to place to sewers because you can track movement and what time of year they sell. And trust me! I love a MC accessories on a RG pack. But MC accessories don’t sale. So RG and Xpac accessories for me. They will still perform the same way as a MC accessory. Like a you stated.