kifaru emr2..

OP
D

DIY

WKR
I guess my concern is the weight...im prob over reacting. I run the highcamp 7000 with2 long pockets. Dont really like it

I know there were more Nomads for sale this last year than EMR2's. I never had a Nomad, but a lot of guys' reasoning for selling it was that it just wasn't conducive to their style of carry. The concept is sound as far as all the modularity of the Nomad, but I think at the end of the day a lot of guys just prefer a big bag that can do it all. That's me at least and is why I have an EMR2 that I don't plan to ever sell.

This is the conclusion I came to as well. Love the EMR2!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I guess my concern is the weight...im prob over reacting. I run the highcamp 7000 with2 long pockets. Dont really like it

Add up the weight of the nomad with a camp bag and compare it to an EMR2. The difference is nil. I ran a highcamp 7k all of 2013 and it worked fine certainly. But I careless how "cool" it sounds saying I am going in for a week with 45 vs 42 pounds so long as the pack functions better. The center zip makes loading up and unloading the pack between camp sites super fast as you lay it all out how you want it in your pack and then just zip it up and go vs. stuffing all your gear in from the top like on a conventional packbag. That combined with the wings and 3 horizontal compression straps makes loading meat or akward loads super fast and not having to load meat especially into the packbag but rather strap it to the outside of the main bag is so much handier than having to get it inside the main bag. Especially trying to load big heavy gamebags into the main bag solo.

bergnp

FNG
Bag
26" Duplex w/composite stays
Grab-It II
Two medium belt pouches.

Didn't cover it for me. I'll see if I still have my invoice and see what I paid in shipping. I got a note on my door that my bag was at the post office. I'll be ordering a Rambler in a month or two and I'm going to specifically ask to make sure I have enough shipping up front, or request they send it FedEx or UPS if that's an option. It's not Kifrau's fault.

Delivered to the house today for the shipping price they charged, $39.