Kids braces!

From the 6th grade to the end of junior year of high school I had some form of orthodontic treatment.

Teeth were nice and straight for about two and half years and then I broke my jaw sophomore year of college.

Parents spent all that money and I still ended up with a jacked up grill.

Edited to add: was quoted about $4500 for invisalign to fix the current state of my face. Decided to pass since I'm not a model and don't bite myself when eating.

vaeVictis

FNG
I just got Invisalign as an adult (36), $5k out of pocket for orthodontist, $1.5k (largely covered by insurance) for oral surgery (palette expansion because I'm old and plates are fused!). Prices sound about right to me.

TxAgHntr

FNG
Invisalign $5k, great results, reduced office visits, worked fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crusader

WKR
My adult daughters are ages 31 and 27. When they were in their early teens my wife and I paid for their braces (not sure, but I think they were maybe $4k-5k each). When the braces were removed they were given retainers by the ortho. We told the girls that we weren't paying for braces again so they'd better wear the retainers to keep their teeth straight. Initially they were pretty good about wearing the retainer, then they got lazy. By the time they got to their early 20s, their lower teeth started to get a little crooked, and that's how they are to this day. Their uppers still are beautiful and that's what you see when they smile, but it still bothers me that they let their lowers get crooked. Parents, tell your kids this story as a warning!

Dukhtr3

FNG
My adult daughters are ages 31 and 27. When they were in their early teens my wife and I paid for their braces (not sure, but I think they were maybe $4k-5k each). When the braces were removed they were given retainers by the ortho. We told the girls that we weren't paying for braces again so they'd better wear the retainers to keep their teeth straight. Initially they were pretty good about wearing the retainer, then they got lazy. By the time they got to their early 20s, their lower teeth started to get a little crooked, and that's how they are to this day. Their uppers still are beautiful and that's what you see when they smile, but it still bothers me that they let their lowers get crooked. Parents, tell your kids this story as a warning!
Mine are the same way. I never wore my retainer and my teeth moved around a little. Definitely doesn't bother me but after just paying for my 2 oldest to both get braces I am hoping to get them permanent retainers to avoid this problem when time comes and they get their braces off. Both my kids were around 5k each. My oldest daughter is missing to front permanent teeth. She will be north of 20k when we get done with her implants. I am just hoping my 3 rd and last kid doesn't need braces too.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk