Kids braces!

Ucsdryder

WKR
It’s July, might as well talk about everything except hunting.

My 12 year old went for her braces consult. No issues, teeth aren’t bad, but she definitely needs braces.

Quote was $6800 before insurance kicked in 1000. Seems insane? What prices have people paid recently?

I'll co-sign on that from what we checked. More it sounds like if an oral surgeon gets involved with wisdom teeth is my understanding.

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
I found a doc here in IL that took cash on monthly payment plan. Around $5000 total at $250 per month.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
My daughter had them about 12 years ago and it was ~$5,000. The doc allowed interest free payments over 12 months IIRC, which made it easier cash flow wise.

Good luck,

Eddie

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your employer has bad benefits (I know I worked there briefly😀). Anyway we are mid way into it with our 14 year old gonna cost us 4K out of pocket and she needed a little more than just the braces.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Seems expensive… I can ask the wife she is a tooth doctor. She only messes some with the clear plastic aligners, and has a couple orthos she sends to. Big thing with ortho for her is that is optimizes the airway and helps create a healthy cranio-facial structure ( whatever that means) not all orthodontist actually put people’s jaws/ teeth in the right position and some can do more damage down the road/ see teeth move back if not down right so do your homework!

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Seems expensive… I can ask the wife she is a tooth doctor. She only messes some with the clear plastic aligners, and has a couple orthos she sends to. Big thing with ortho for her is that is optimizes the airway and helps create a healthy cranio-facial structure ( whatever that means) not all orthodontist actually put people’s jaws/ teeth in the right position and some can do more damage down the road/ see teeth move back if not down right so do your homework!
What the hell are you talking about? My daughter wants to look pretty. 😂

Hnthrdr

WKR
What the hell are you talking about? My daughter wants to look pretty. 😂
Hahaha good facial bone structure is how you look pretty, just warning that some docs will move teeth around without thinking about the bigger picture, how it will effect a bite, ect, but I’m just spouting bs tid bits from hanging around my wife. I break doors and throw ladders for a living haha

Oldest boy was around that, younger one had more issues he is pushing 9k. He is on is second set of bottoms and 1st set of tops currently..

CorbLand

WKR
For ***** sake, spring for the permanent retainer when they are done. My wifes parents spent like 5000 getting her teeth straightened when she was a teenager. Get to the end and it would have been 500 to get permanent bottom and top. Nope, ~15 years later and I will get to spring to get them fixed again when my wife finally threatens to divorce me if she doesn't get braces.

Lady I use to work with had three kids all get braces at pretty much the same time. I think she said they were like 17000 bucks for all three.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
For ***** sake, spring for the permanent retainer when they are done. My wifes parents spent like 5000 getting her teeth straightened when she was a teenager. Get to the end and it would have been 500 to get permanent bottom and top. Nope, ~15 years later and I will get to spring to get them fixed again when my wife finally threatens to divorce me if she doesn't get braces.

Lady I use to work with had three kids all get braces at pretty much the same time. I think she said they were like 17000 bucks for all three.
💯

My teeth shifted after I got my braces off. They’re close enough but I agree on the permanent retainer.

I've got no idea what cost is, I'm sure I will find out soon enough.

I can tell you that I had braces from the 2nd grade till Sophomore year of high school. So it was probably a lot more. I'm glad I'm done with that experience. I had a cross bite and some jacked up teeth.

I've yet to ever have a cavity though. So there's that.