Keep my F150 or get a new 4Runner?

Keep the 2016 F150 or get a new 4Runner?

• Keep the paid off F150

Votes: 77 87.5%
  • Use the equity and get a 4Runner

Votes: 11 12.5%

• Total voters

Fatcamp

WKR
I have a 4runner and an F250. We use the F250 more and more. Just like having the room. That said, the 4runner is the best vehicle I've ever had. Hard to believe a 160k 22 year old vehicle with a bunch of off-road miles has no noises of any kind. Not a squeek or creak, even with a lift kit.

Other than a couple cars when I was a kid I have driven full sized pickups for decades. All stripes and sizes. I think a leveled F150 or GMC Sierra with a short box and extended cab is about perfect. We have an enormous F250 because we have teenage boys, a big dog, and tandem pull a camper and boat.

R_burg

WKR
Nope, it will be overpriced and probably have an added $20,000 market adjustment.
Probably not. It's very easy to get a Toyota at MSRP and without BS dealer add ons, just need to find the right dealer, get on a list and wait.

I've owned a 5th Gen T4R and currently have a Land Cruiser. I love Toyotas. The 5th Gen is an OK vehicle but personally I'd pass. That platform is incredibly long in the tooth.

Fatcamp

WKR
Probably not. It's very easy to get a Toyota at MSRP and without BS dealer add ons, just need to find the right dealer, get on a list and wait.

I've owned a 5th Gen T4R and currently have a Land Cruiser. I love Toyotas. The 5th Gen is an OK vehicle but personally I'd pass. That platform is incredibly long in the tooth.

Ya, I'm seeing "market adjustment" fees on heavy trucks. Not so much cars and SUV types

So I’m debating cashing out the equity in my F150 to possibly get a vehicle I have always wanted … a Toyota 4Runner…

I bought the F150 new in 2016. XLT Super Crew 4x4 with 2.7L EcoBoost and currently 110k miles. It has a nice color matched fiberglass camper shell (topper) on it. Vehicle is paid off. It’s been a pretty good truck, no major issues ( had a diff leak fixed under warranty, a keyless entry pad fixed under warranty and the basic recall stuff over the years). It’s been my daily driver and hunting rig. I’ve taken good care of it and always done oil and fluid changes on time. I whitetail archery hunt, upland hunt, do some duck hunting, and am planning my first archery elk hunt this fall. I will tow a utility trailer, and will tow small duck and fishing boats from time to time. I will have two or maybe three dogs and kennels when upland hunting. I will have a portable treestand and sticks and jetsled when bow hunting. I will have shotguns and decoys and waders when duck hunting.

The pros of the Ford are huge amounts of room in the Super Crew, a covered bed to keep stinky, bloody, wet muddy stuff in, it’s paid off, and so far it’s been reliable. However, it’s got a ton of equity in this market and I could use that to get a vehicle I’ve always wanted…a Toyota 4 Runner. The main pro of the 4 Runner is the reliability of the truck, a bit smaller profile for daily driving, really good off road capabilities … while my F150 has been relaible so far, I’m concerned about how long that will last ( given it is a Turbo charged gas engine… but I don’t beat on the truck)…

Let me know ur thoughts and if I’m completely stupid for even thinking of doing this, lol
Don't get more debt. That is first and foremost.

Personally I prefer diesel engines.

Your money, your pick.

Txarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Have you driven a 4R?

When I was truck shopping in 2016 I was sold on a TRD Tacoma. Went for the test drive and the drivers side was way too small, my knees were in the steering wheel. Probably would have been fine around town but longer trips would have been a pain. I ended up with a 2014 F150.

I love the 4R and drool every time I see a nice one but with the build being similar to a Tacoma I don’t think they’d work for me. I’ve been trying to talk my wife into one so I could ride passenger.
I've had a Tacoma and it was the same thing, my wife has a 4runner and they are nothing along when it comes to driving it, plenty of room for me in the 4R. I liked the Tacoma but will stick to my Tundras just because of my leg room issues while driving. That being said I still drive my old (01) F150 more then any of them for some reason, just really like it.

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a Tacoma and it was the same thing, my wife has a 4runner and they are nothing along when it comes to driving it, plenty of room for me in the 4R. I liked the Tacoma but will stick to my Tundras just because of my leg room issues while driving. That being said I still drive my old (01) F150 more then any of them for some reason, just really like it.

Interesting I’ll have to make a point of driving a 4R but after doing 700 miles in my truck a couple weeks ago I was reminded how nice it is. I end up driving an ‘04 TJ as much as anything these days.

Txarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting I’ll have to make a point of driving a 4R but after doing 700 miles in my truck a couple weeks ago I was reminded how nice it is. I end up driving an ‘04 TJ as much as anything these days.
My Tundras are the most comfortable trucks I've ever owned. I just like that old Ford for some reason.