Kalispell Area

Fishforfun

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll be in Kalispell for one long afternoon and am wondering if it’s worth renting a car and checking out any sights. Any advice is appreciated.

Team4LongGun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Absolutely! Your 30 mins from Glacier National park. Even if you just drove through the park-totally worth it.
You can also go to Whitefish ski resort and hike/take ski lift to top of mountain-beautiful views.

The Going to the Sun is definitely a worthwhile drive if you have the time. Logan Pass is a good spot to stretch your legs and see some goats.

Mosby

WKR
Moose's Saloon is one of my favorites for beer and a burger. Outfitter Supply is in the area. I bought a great saw there that I keep in my truck to clear a blow down or use for firewood.

DWarcher

WKR
The Going to the Sun is definitely a worthwhile drive if you have the time. Logan Pass is a good spot to stretch your legs and see some goats.

If you're going to hit Logan, I would get there early...after 8:00 you might not find a parking spot.

Jewel Basin is a better bet if you're up for some hiking with less people.

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
Agree with all comments. Spent 6 days in Kalispell. Glacier is definitely worth it. As others said go early in am or late in pm to avoid crowds. Could drive the whole park as well. If you can bring binos with you. Great for glassing bears and sheep.

The original question was about having a single, long afternoon in Kalispell... just don't be scared off of an amazing drive through GNP if you can't get there in the morning. I'd much rather cruise the park and see something truly beautiful, than hang out in Kalispell. My .02

Backyard

WKR
If you do get out to Glacier, hit up Packers Roost just east of Hungry Horse for a beer and great food without any tourists.