Just Got Scammed on Hunttalk. Need some help/ Warning @Grud

I’ve been scammed by a buyer from PayPal, guy said the pack I sent wasn’t acceptable and I had to lose about 1/2 the profits, fighting it went nowhere:/
I hear you. You need proof of the condition of the item and that it was properly packaged. I learned the hard way to film the item, packaging, and shipping process in one continous film through drop off with the shipper. Yes, purchasers can be scammers too.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I just about got taken a couple weeks ago when I tried to buy a muzzleloader shotgun. I asked the seller to send me a picture of the shotgun on a rolled up towel on the bathroom floor. The seller responded that he was working out of town and would get back to me when he returned. I told him no problem I will request a different picture scenario that he can send me as we're in conversation. Shockingly that never took place. I also contacted a buyer from another post this guy had that was marked sold. I asked the buyer if his transaction went smoothly. This buyer had nothing but buying history and oddly knew a hell of a lot about the seller and his travel habits......so I look up the address that I was supposed to send a check....Shockingly again it's a vacant apartment for sale in miami.

Rookies.
Too bad a muzzle loading shotgun would be a ton of fun! A buddy of mine has one

Hnthrdr

WKR
Honestly, it’s not fool proof but I have had decent luck on here. Just talk with the guys, most of the time WKR have pretty extensive footprints here and trader history

yvk253

FNG
not sure if it's been mentioned yet - but sometimes , if you Google Lens the picture they send , it can bring one up from somewhere on the internet ( been seeing this a lot on golf club forums on FB)

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
not sure if it's been mentioned yet - but sometimes , if you Google Lens the picture they send , it can bring one up from somewhere on the internet ( been seeing this a lot on golf club forums on FB)

Many scammers take pictures from "completed sales" on ebay. Been seeing this a lot for boat sonar, trolling motors, and optics. Nice thing is they show up quick in the google lens function.

I was scammed a few years back on some counterfeit North Face jackets by a vendor in China, PayPal was no help at all, but my cc through my bank recovered my money. I will never use PayPal again.