Just Got Scammed on Hunttalk. Need some help/ Warning @Grud

bpeay4

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah after looking at it again the pic is definitely photoshopped. Went ahead and reported it since others agree its likely a scam

CorbLand

WKR
Currently having a suspicious interaction on HT. Pretty sure it's a scam but figured I would ask on here. I did post a WTB thread recently for these.

100% that is a scammer.

Okhotnik

WKR
Hunt talk is un regulated clown show. There has been fraud on there for years And Randy refuses to anything about it

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Currently having a suspicious interaction on HT. Pretty sure it's a scam but figured I would ask on here. I did post a WTB thread recently for these.
🚩 Several concerns but ya that photo is fake

Wrench

WKR
Here's my method for spending when I don't know the person.

I ask them to call me on the phone when they have the item in hand. I get a conversation going and inquire where they are.....at work, in a shop, house....etc.

While I am on the phone I ask them to text me a picture of the exact item sitting on top of an item that should be present in their location.....a bath towel, dinner plate, tool....whatever.

If they cannot or will not,I'm out. It's hard to photo fake while on the line.

Anyone who uses "kindly" is a GD scammer. Bottom line
Yep.

I’ve dropped this bit of knowledge before and I’ll do it again:

The reason the Nigerian price emails were riddled with spelling errors and grammatical issues isn’t because they’re Nigerian - they were doing it to weed out the people who weren’t dumb enough to fall for their scheme. Any replies they got were a likely mark and worth spending their time talking to.

Kindly is another word that’s popped up within the last few years. I get supposed credit card emails from banks I have a card with offering different specials/limit increases/etc and every damn time the word kindly is shoehorned in there somewhere.

It’s a sad state what dealing online is coming to. You never know who’s out to scam you.

Might be the same DirtBag that scammed me on SCH Outdoors re: Zeiss binoculars. I got my bank involved and was reimbursed and they pursued the case...

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
Scammers are everywhere and anywhere hobby gear is B/S/T. I bet i flag 20 profiles a week on Sitka and Decoy trading pages on FB.