Just Got Scammed on Hunttalk. Need some help/ Warning @Grud

So over the last few weeks I got scammed here on Hunttalk in the classifieds section trying to buy a seekins stock. I need some help from you all on what I need to do and what I can post on here. Can i do anything from a Law Enforcement side? I have never been scammed before and I am fuming. Just attempted to contact the user on PayPal and it appears i have been blocked. Be warned.

OP
CoHunter1991
He has scammed a few on HT and a few people on Snipershide so i assume he is working Rok too. he is very knowledgeable and likely will try and sell Seekins, Zeiss, or Leupold items.

OP
CoHunter1991
Thanks, Yeah i finally have enough saved up for the stock i wanted and posted there and on here hoping someone would be willing to part with it... unfortunately here i am now. Piece of Sh**

Ucsdryder

WKR
Thanks, Yeah i finally have enough saved up for the stock i wanted and posted there and on here hoping someone would be willing to part with it... unfortunately here i am now. Piece of Sh**
Wtb ads are asking to be scammed.

It’s getting worse and the dumb scammers are becoming smart scammers. FaceTime videos are about the only way to guarantee the guy actually has the product.

OP
CoHunter1991
I think he actually had the stock. I ask for very specific angles for photos and he sent them exactly. Plus I asked for sticky notes with dates/ times on them.

CorbLand

WKR
Sticky notes are very easy to photoshop.

Did you pay with goods and services? If so, you might be able to file a claim but PayPal isn’t friendly if it’s related to a gun.

You can file a report with the PD but they won’t do anything about it.

CorbLand

WKR
Yeah since it was for a rifle stock PayPal us being a pain
Good luck trying with them. Its unfortunate and there aren't any good money transfer services when dealing with firearms and accessories.

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
I think he actually had the stock. I ask for very specific angles for photos and he sent them exactly. Plus I asked for sticky notes with dates/ times on them.
I’ve done the same asking for my name with the product from something on gunbroker, but the pictures just didn't seem right. Ended up finding the original listing pictures on another forum.

Scammers are clever. Sorry you got burned

“Buy the seller”, not the product. Voice and FaceTime / video verify

Yaremkiv

Lil-Rokslider
Well theres your first problem, you decided to do business with a man who calls himself Godzilla Kirby.

Seriously though, my sympathies go out to you. People suck sometimes.

bpeay4

Lil-Rokslider
Currently having a suspicious interaction on HT. Pretty sure it's a scam but figured I would ask on here. I did post a WTB thread recently for these.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240817-103755.png
    Screenshot_20240817-103755.png
    441.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot_20240817-103804.png
    Screenshot_20240817-103804.png
    222 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot_20240817-103812.png
    Screenshot_20240817-103812.png
    248.7 KB · Views: 131

hikenhunt

WKR
I didn't zoom in real close, but that paper with the date looks like kindergarten photoshop. And who uses the word "kindly"?