Jimmy John kills potential new state record sheep in NM

Very nice ram! Glad the money will hopefully go to conservation. Did he shoot it in the Rio Grande Gorge or Taos Pueblo Reservation? There has also been another wealthy hunter that has bought the auction tag every year for quite a while. He killed some very nice rams here over the years.

Zackw

Lil-Rokslider
So does an animal still qualify for the record books if it’s taken out of season? I realize that with a governor’s tag, you can legally use any weapon throughout the year, but if you shot an animal with a rifle during an archery season, would it still qualify?

Just think, if I wasn't a chicken I could've put in for the unit as one of my choices instead of sticking to what I knew.

Assuming it was the Jemez unit anyway. Maybe it wasn't.

CorbLand

WKR
So does an animal still qualify for the record books if it’s taken out of season? I realize that with a governor’s tag, you can legally use any weapon throughout the year, but if you shot an animal with a rifle during an archery season, would it still qualify?
The governors tag provides you with an ALW 364 day season. The animal wasn’t killed out of season.

At least that’s the case in many states. I don’t know the rules for each.

Very nice ram! Glad the money will hopefully go to conservation. Did he shoot it in the Rio Grande Gorge or Taos Pueblo Reservation? There has also been another wealthy hunter that has bought the auction tag every year for quite a while. He killed some very nice rams here over the years.
Most likely Jemez