Jimmy Buffett wasn’t supposed to end

Dang.

i ain't much for celebrity worship, but if I could have traded lives with that guy, I would have done it in a heart beat. I ran with a crew of buddies in high school and we were into him and went to his concerts even back then. I grew up in New Orleans, which was something of a second home for him and dated a gal who worked at Margaritaville there. Met him a few times and heard him play more times than I can remember between Concerts and smaller shows.

Sail on, brother. Fair winds and following seas.

hiker270

WKR
One of my favorite singer/songwriters. His music will live on forever!

First concert I ever went to…..think I was 10 years old so this would have been 1988. Chastain Park in Atlanta, GA. I remember asking my mom what that smell (pot) was. Some drunk guy gave me a painters cap that had a confederate flag all the way around it.

My now wife and I saw him again in Tallahassee, FL in 2002

Fair winds and following seas, Jimmy

Windigo

Lil-Rokslider
Oh man... I was not ready for this today. My wife and I worked on an island for two years, and even though it was a cold rocky island, Banana Wind was still a fixture in the cassette player.

Loper

WKR
I’ve been to 4 of his shows over the past 20 years. I don’t think I’ve ever been to a concert with such a broad spectrum of ages. Young people and old people having a great time together at the tailgate and in the show.

He carved out a niche in music and built an empire about a state of mind. I was looking up his net worth a few weeks ago and realized he’s worth a billion dollars, yet he seems like such a fun, down to earth guy.

ODB

WKR
So sad. Jimmy’s music is a major part of the soundtrack to my life. It has always been on since I was a young kid. Nowadays it is a very strong point of connection between my daughter and I.

ODB

WKR
I’ve been to 4 of his shows over the past 20 years. I don’t think I’ve ever been to a concert with such a broad spectrum of ages. Young people and old people having a great time together at the tailgate and in the show.

He carved out a niche in music and built an empire about a state of mind. I was looking up his net worth a few weeks ago and realized he’s worth a billion dollars, yet he seems like such a fun, down to earth guy.

We used to see him a Merriwether Post pavilion near DC. I remember one year we went the first night, then on the way out decided we wanted to come the next night and grabbed 10th(!) row tickets from a dude selling them, then after that show we bought tickets for the third night and came back again the next night.

So much fun.

Gotta be in the right enviro to get the music I suppose.

I like all genres but it all depends on what enviro I’m in to truly appreciate the diff types

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJB

WKR
I was at old mans surf spot one morning and next to me was Jimmy.......we surfed a few waves together before I recognized who he was, very down to earth and a great sense of humor

I never was a huge fan, but listened to him on occasion.Jimmy, Sammy Hagar and Jerry Jeff Walker built empires based on an easy going persona. We need more of that. It’s sad to see a lot of the personalities checking out. Steer the warm winds Jimmy.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Went to my first JB concert in '77 and a number of others over the years and dang this just means another part of my youth has died and just reminds me of my own mortality.

I'm with @Desk Jockey on the whole CW thing, but JB is one of the two people I would be a little star struck if I met. Jack Nicklaus is the other.

For those of you that don't know his songs, listen to the below for a real treat.

Wonder Why We Ever Go Home
He Went to Paris
A Pirate Looks At Forty
God's Own's Drunk
In The Shelter

And for a live album, "You Had to Be There" is about as good as it gets in my book.

May he Rest In Peace.

Eddie

Reactions: ODB
Seems it started with skin cancer that turned into lymphoma, he had been in hospice care for a short while prior to his passing