Jim Shockey Film

I have 2 close friends who have filmed for him, one of them for a very long time. Neither one has very good things to say about the man. Not gunna publicly bash him but I was surprised hearing 2 personal friends accounts of him and his hunts and how he runs his guide service.

WRO

WKR
I could tell you about Hanes showing up at the bowtech/Shockey meet n greet with a bunch of selfies and a sharpie but I’ll save it.

I could tell you about the time he showed up to pack Eva’s bull out that was barely off the road..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okie101

FNG
Had a friend who was obsessed with having to be "OUT THERE" every single minute, to get that big buck or whatever animal. Four of us was on a lease, with supposedly the same hunting privileges and rules to go by, but there was always an exception with him. His "obsession" seemed to overrule whatever some of us thought about doing on the lease. Turned into a big fallout after I wanted to not allow him to hunt on one of my places, that I own. Had some out of state friends that I wanted to give the opportunity to have a chance at getting a nice buck. He didn't like it and decided to kick me off the lease, without even discussing what the other three guys thought. I cant help but wonder if this is somewhat similar. The "obsession" far out ways the respect of what others think, for personal gain. Not saying it is, but after reading the comments, it sure seems that way.

TheTone

WKR
His daughter Eva is an absolute smoke show!

I've also seen Jim film a shot with his scope covers on.

Carry on.
To each their own I guess but she’s not what I consider a smoke show

To me she represents all that’s wrong with hunting influencers; never done a thing on her own, goes on maybe one guided hunt a year, does hunting photo shoots (without actually hunting) and yet has a signature bow and all sorts of sponsors.

To each their own I guess but she’s not what I consider a smoke show

To me she represents all that’s wrong with hunting influencers; never done a thing on her own, goes on maybe one guided hunt a year, does hunting photo shoots (without actually hunting) and yet has a signature bow and all sorts of sponsors.
This! Couldn’t make it on her own, had to ride dads coat tails and act like she likes hunting until she got enough followers.

gbflyer

WKR
Well it’s kinda like when a bunch of haters here were picking on Ron Spomer. Dude is getting pretty well compensated to do what most of us here have to pay out the nose for. I’m sure he’s worked hard to get where he is even if we don’t like it. I’m just jealous

Say what you want about Shockey but he has lived an interesting life. He's done a lot of cool hunting too. I watched some of his stuff before hunting shows were the devil.

In my experience, a lot guides are like used car salesman types. Kinda slimy and about willing to do anything to make a buck. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he's a huge A-hole. I know of a guy that's been on a couple different hunting shows that's reads the bible on his show and has had very questionable business dealings and been downright dishonest with guys I know.