Jim Burnsworth

Who is this guy? Where does he get his money? Does he hunt on a lot of high fences? He brags of all the Elk he has shot.

MattB

WKR
For the few times I have watched his show, I don't think I have ever seen a cow elk if that tells you anything.

I haven't met Jim, but I know someone who is good friend's with his son Randy... I can say that Randy is a class act and Jim his Dad has done a lot for the hunting world. I don't think he's much of a "back country" kind of hunter, but he does kill a lot of stuff even if it is guided... and he's a helluva an archery shooter.

Mike

Ozz08

WKR
I don't know what he owns or sold. I do know he is probably the best shot in all of hunting television. That guy is an assassin with that bow!

wapitibob

WKR
Burnworth never owned Bowtech. They sponsor his show, that's it. He used to do some high fence stuff but the last cpl years I have not seen any of those. He does most of his Elk hunting in Canada, Alberta I believe, where a guide is required but not high fence like the Saskatchewan Elk hunts.
I may be getting senile but I have actually started to enjoy watching his shows. He tends to think highly of his Elk exploits, but to his credit he gets it done too. He's not afraid to shoot and from what I have seen, has the skills to back it up.

Slim Jim

WKR
All of his shows are guided hunts but that doesn't mean he doesn't know how to hunt. The guy is a great shot with the bow that is for sure

Jim is a great shot for sure, but I still think Tim Wells is the best shot I've ever seen... uncut unedited video of slaying doves in Argentina and he's hitting 4 out of every 6 doves.

Mike

Ozz08

WKR
Jim is a great shot for sure, but I still think Tim Wells is the best shot I've ever seen... uncut unedited video of slaying doves in Argentina and he's hitting 4 out of every 6 doves.

Mike

Oh I forgot about Tim Wells. You may be right with that one. He is incredible. No release either just uses his booger finger! I think he even used to shoot without a sight for a long time too.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved

Mike

X2, Tim Wells is amazing. I know he gets alot of negative flack from others on other boards but he truly is an amazing shot and I enjoy watching him

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I have seen high fence Sask elk hunts on Western Extreme. I don't watch that show anymore. I have been watching The Western Hunter though. Good stuff there.

shaun

WKR
I have seen high fence Sask elk hunts on Western Extreme. I don't watch that show anymore. I have been watching The Western Hunter though. Good stuff there.

Ya the new western hunter is good stuff we ran into Nate and camera guy in a little town in Colorado before packing back in I am curious is they will show that hunt even though he got skunked