Jim Burnsworth

Foldem

WKR
I've seen a show where he hunts high fence elk in CO. It was a rifle hunt and he wasn't wearing orange, so I watched the credits at the end, googled the ranch and sure enough, high fence.

OP
big10hunter
The reason I ask is I have seen the behind the scenes show where he walked through his house as well as his "toy" shed. He has killed a lot of stuff, expensive hunts. He also has a lot of projects and toys and a very large spread to keep them in. He seems to be a big car nut, and some of his car$ were high dollar restores. Just wondering...

He seems like a very personable guy, and yes he can shoot!

I saw the episode where he hunted Alberta for mule deer in the canola fields. Looks like a sweet place to see big mule deer bucks.

shaun

WKR
I was on my phone earlier so I wasnt able to type alot regarding this guy. Jim from my opinion is a good guy! We hung out at SCI for alot of the event and even at the bar. He is a down to earth regular guy unlike many of the TV personalitys you see. I have a buddy of mine (my taxidermist) that is part owner of one of the best outfitters for caribou in Canada. Jim hunted with him this last season and was awesome to deal with from what he told me. Many TV personalitys hunt with his outfit year in and year out from Jim Shockey the Eastman Boys, Michael (dip shit) Waddell, Ralph and Vicki, Cameron Hanes etc etc. He said next to Jim Shockey Burnsworth was the best TV personality he has ever delt with. I know they do not let a few of the listed return to hunt because of how much they piss and moan about weather etc.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whether he hunts high fence or not now I don't know. I've seen enough of his previous exploits behind fences to see all I need to know. I will never watch his show again. As stated Western Hunter is a great show, along with OYOA with Randy Newberg. This is how hunting should be IMO.

Last edited:

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I find his show entertaining. Atleast its not another sit in a tree stand and wait for the deer to walk by like 70% of the hunting shows. High fence or not I'd much rather watch Jim's show than Jackie Bushman, anything Drury puts out, or even Lee and Tiffany's show. If I see its whitetail hunting or a turkey hunt I change the channel immediately. :D

dotman

WKR
I find his show entertaining. Atleast its not another sit in a tree stand and wait for the deer to walk by like 70% of the hunting shows. High fence or not I'd much rather watch Jim's show than Jackie Bushman, anything Drury puts out, or even Lee and Tiffany's show. If I see its whitetail hunting or a turkey hunt I change the channel immediately. :D

X2...

I have buddies from back in South Carolina and Georgia and they would rather hunt turkeys than deer... I guess that is their version of elk during september though!

Mike

Drelk

FNG

That drury competition show or any other crap they put out drives me nuts

wapitibob

WKR
funny you mention Drury. I told my wife yesterday, they're making too damn much money on a hunting show when they can piss it away on a fancy stage just to weight a turkey.

Jim Burnworth, an icon in outdoor television as a television host, producer & director. He has been in the broadcast television and video business directing national and regional level programs for over 20 years and has now brought his expertise to the outdoor industry. Being raised in the Pacific Northwest, the outdoors have always been a big part of his live. When he shot his first arrow, it was second nature as hunting and fishing are in his blood. Jim also sets out to bring as many new hunters as possible into the sport. He not only provides them with the proper equipment for hunting, he takes time to teach them shooting skills and hunting ethics. His technical understanding of archery and the equipment allows him to shoot more efficiently and teach the sport more effectively. Keeping hunting alive and bringing as many people as possible to it through the actual experience or simply through the excitement of television is what he lives for. Jim resides in Washington State with his wife, Lorrie and their five beautiful children. Found this on his web site.

7mag.

WKR

Exactly. I can't watch Jackie Bushman, or the Drury's. I don't like Lee and Tiffany's show either, but I don't mind watching her.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he is hunting High Fenced areas for Elk, that is not Elk hunting.......that is simply pay and shoot.

I have been around him, he told me to move as he was going to do a promotional video shoot at the Bowtech booth at the ATA show a few years back. I was standing there shooting some of the new bows and he literally told me to move as he would be occupying the area. I have heard both good and bad about him, he has some incredible videography in his show Western Extreme and won several awards this year at the Golden Moose awards. I can tell you guys one thing Aron Snyder would give just about anybody in the hunting industry a run for there money when it comes to archery shooting....

Vandal 44

WKR
I believe Jim Burnsworth lives in Spokane, I have seen him at a few 3D shoots I never spoken with him. a friend of mine was a camera man for a him 5 or so years back, he did not say anything good or bad. I am not a ig fan of his TV show, then again I don't like any of the hunting shows on TV. Jim is one good shooter, maybe I will have a chance to talk with him tonight at the SCI banquet.

I'm definately with Luke, Les and BB on this one. I think Western Extreme is entertaining (although a little over the top at times for me) and Jim seems to be a good guy. But shows like Western Hunter, OYOA and don't forget Meateater are among the very best because they accurately portray what hunting is really all about...to me anyway.