Jim Burnsworth

DWarcher

WKR
I for one would like to see Rokslide not go down the road of debating the merits of 'celebrity' hunters...there's plenty of other forums out there if that's what you're into.

Shrek

WKR
If he doesn't have a crippling reason he has to hunt petting zoos to keep his show going then he really is lame. It's not really hard to loose your hunting rights for a while so depending on what he did to deserve loosing his hunting privileges I'm not going to hate right off , however , if you hunt high fence then try to pass it off as fair chase then you suck.
As for loosing your license , if the warden had ever caught me in my younger days I would never had a license again in my life ! Piles of doves that belong in Argentina , enough ducks to sink an 18' jon boat. Alligators before delisting ect...I was self taught to hunt in the deep south. Season was when I could get my gun out the back door and the limit was how much ammo I had ! I'm not throwing stones ! I don't hunt that way anymore but there are days when I look at 15 dove and think "really?".

Lukem

WKR
I for one would like to see Rokslide not go down the road of debating the merits of 'celebrity' hunters...there's plenty of other forums out there if that's what you're into.
Kinda my thoughts, especially when accusations start being made.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Guys we can talk about the show, HF hunting, even how he comes across on TV, but if you are going to talk about criminal accusations, have something solid to back it up ... Or leave it alone.

sk1

WKR
am i the only one that has not seen "the western hunter" show? i saw this thread a few days ago and scrolled on the tv guide for both sportsmans and outdoor channel and didnt see it, maybe i didnt scroll for enough days? what channel has it and on what day? im all about any show that is anything remotely close to OYOA, love that show

dotman

WKR
am i the only one that has not seen "the western hunter" show? i saw this thread a few days ago and scrolled on the tv guide for both sportsmans and outdoor channel and didnt see it, maybe i didnt scroll for enough days? what channel has it and on what day? im all about any show that is anything remotely close to OYOA, love that show

Sportsman, either Tues or Weds, can't remember sin e its on DVR.

dotman

WKR
Guys we can talk about the show, HF hunting, even how he comes across on TV, but if you are going to talk about criminal accusations, have something solid to back it up ... Or leave it alone.

X2...kinda surprised so many are caught up in this.

Straight6

FNG
My best friend is Jims taxidermist, and yes, a few of his bulls are high fenced. I've never met Jim but have talked to his son a bit when he has been here in Utah at my friends shop, good kid, very nice and respectful. My friend has had nothing but good dealings with Jim, and speaks highly of him as a person and of Jim's family.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Well, since it is still being brought up, I will moderate the thread. Lets keep the thread limited to what you do know.

crumy

WKR
What is funny is I used to watch whitetail hunting all the time because I lived in Ohio. Now after hunting out west, I can't stand to watch a whitetail show.

I find his show entertaining. Atleast its not another sit in a tree stand and wait for the deer to walk by like 70% of the hunting shows. High fence or not I'd much rather watch Jim's show than Jackie Bushman, anything Drury puts out, or even Lee and Tiffany's show. If I see its whitetail hunting or a turkey hunt I change the channel immediately. :D

bobhunts

WKR
Tim Wells is without a doubt one of the shows I like best. Good humor and the real deal. That new show " Western Hunter" is destined to be another one that will have a following. It is a show that relates to what all of the rest of us can do! I like that show already after two episodes that I have seen! Bob.

So happy I switched to direct TV so I can get the sportsman's channel to watch nate chase bulls! Kinda pissed I didn't get to see all the episodes but my new TV will be here tomorrow and I'll be DVRing all "The Western Hunter" shows

crumy

WKR
Set it to record all episodes and not just new. They messed up the description on it last week and it was flagged as a repeat. I missed it because DVD didn't record. They will probably have fixed this but better be safe than sorry

So happy I switched to direct TV so I can get the sportsman's channel to watch nate chase bulls! Kinda pissed I didn't get to see all the episodes but my new TV will be here tomorrow and I'll be DVRing all "The Western Hunter" shows