Jeep Gladiator - good hunting rig?

Rommel013

FNG
I used to have a Suzuki Samurai that was great for weekend solo hunts but recently got a 96 Mitsubishi Delica Spacegear 2.8L Turbo Diesel as a direct JDM import.

It was $8000 delivered to my front door and even just stock got me deeper than dudes with Tacoma TRD Sports or a Rubicon. I have yet to be impressed with anything Jeep has offered at even half the price they want for it.

I would look at what's proven reliable in places that don't have paved roads throughout the country.

Blacktail_Brown

FNG
Classified Approved
I know this is an older thread, but I can chime in on this. I had a 2007 Dodge Ram that I use to get to trailheads and it was perfectly fine. When I started hunting deeper snow with dogs, I needed the same capability as my Jeep Wrangler, but with a box. I ended up with the Gladiator. It is an amazing ring if you are trying to cut tracks on old logging roads. With a solid axle, it will not be a smooth as a Toyota on washed out roads, but you can get bigger snow capable tires on it with less effort. I have one with a 3.5 inch lift and 38 inch tires with beadlock wheels and 5.13 gears. With the front and rear lockers I can lower to 7 psi and plow snow.

OP
R

RunNGunSC

FNG
I ended up getting a gladiator Mojave. Looking at an RSI smartcap, 35’s and a winch (however not sure how the shock res in the bumper will impact it)

180ls1

WKR
I ended up getting a gladiator Mojave. Looking at an RSI smartcap, 35’s and a winch (however not sure how the shock res in the bumper will impact it)

Good choice. A 2500 would really suck unless you need the size/tow capacity.

def90

WKR
Gladiator should be fine as a hunting rig, I hunt out of a 2002 Wrangler. Was going to say that the advantage of a truck with a topper is that you can sleep in the back somewhat comfortably, than again I recline the front seat in my Wrangler and sleep in that fairly well.

It's not 1987 anymore... IFS is plenty strong.

OK buddy 🫢

3fafb76bb8a98873fd88b280ab1542ab.jpg

Weldor

WKR
I have had the normal wear and tear items on my Oscar Mike JK, it's still running strong. It's a Jeep. The only thing I don't like about IFS is the boots. I just replaced both front axles on my H3 last july, brand new axles and boots. 2 days a go grease in the wheel wells. both upper and lower boots are already dry rotted and torn. I'm sure they are chinese replacements. Have not done anything to my dana's in the jk except change the oil.