It is tough but I still love it!

pa-pride

FNG
I have spent hundreds of dollars in gas, and millions of calories chasing blackies this year. Me and my best friend tag teamed one in the spring, and I have been solo hunting all fall. I made it to 300 yards today and took a shot. The bear acted as if it was hit, but he took off with no blood left behind... After hours of searching, I concluded it was a clean whiff. 300 yards, 40 degree incline....it happens. On my way down i noticed that my quick detach scope mount was loose (maybe it was loose from the beginning, or maybe it got knocked loose when my scope pounded my eye brow). Obviously I was pretty bummed as I hiked back to the truck, but now I am sitting here thinking about all the fun I have had this year chasing those bears up and down mountains. I learned alot over the last year, took some good pictures and have some awesome stories. I am done chasing those pesky bears for the year and Uncle Sam is forcing me out of AK in the spring. So I'm just feeling fortunate that I was able to harvest one last fall, watch my best friend take one last spring, and have had the opportunity to chase them all fall. MAN!!!!!!! is bear hunting a blast!!!!! Today in the mountains was a beautiful day, so i will share some pictures with you guys!

colonel00

WKR
Outstanding pics. And, as disappointing as it is, don't take for granted the opportunity you have to be out in such beautiful country whenever you want. A flatland-locked person like me is envious of the opportunities yourself and others on the site have in your backyards.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great pics and good perspective! Hunting, at least for me, is more about the journey than the destination. Some of my favorite trips have been ones where we came home empty handed, but rich with memories, lessons and photos. Thanks for the reminder, and good luck to you wherever your next destination may be!

OP
P

pa-pride

FNG
Outstanding pics. And, as disappointing as it is, don't take for granted the opportunity you have to be out in such beautiful country whenever you want. A flatland-locked person like me is envious of the opportunities yourself and others on the site have in your backyards.

Good call, I grew up in PA hunting whitetails wishing the mountains were a little bit taller. I am lucky that the USAF provided me with the opportunity to experience this part of the world. If I can't get back up here with the military, I will be back in 15 years as a civilian to stay for good!!!! You won't be disappointed when you decide to come up and visit.