Issue with Christensen arms

Lou270

Lil-Rokslider
Have a CA Mesa 300 and it is very accurate. As others have stated try different ammo. I have not tried eldx factory loads but have not had luck gettimg them shoot in several rifles/cals so it may just be the bullet. Others report great accuracy so you never know

Lou

Clayman77

FNG
In my experience it’s finding the right ammo. It costs a lot . Need a lot of choices . This has always worked for me .

Slugz

WKR
IMHO off the shelf ammo has a very liberal COAL that is trying to be the best it can be in every rifle it goes in. SAAMI Specs +

I think it's just as much as a crap shoot as the rifle these days unfortunately.

Yes, this is common. It seems about half of CA rifles have to be sent to the factory to be made right. Reach out to CA, and they will send you a shipping label. You will have to pay the FFL transfer fees, though. Given's CA's reputation for poor QC/QA, they should supply a reusable plastic shipping box with every new rifle they sell.
You don’t have to pay FFL transfer fees. If your FFL does try and charge you, CA will reimburse you for it.

I have a 280 AI ridgeline FFT. All of my groups were just over 1 moa with factory ammo. I could have done some
Load development, but I was like F that, it has an accuracy guarantee. I sent it back to CA and just got it back a few days ago. I did have to ship it through an FFL, but they covered the cost of shipping both ways and there were no FFL transfer fees. They ended up rebarreling the rifle and sent me 2 target pics, both at or close to 1/2 moa with Nosler Trophy ammo. Their customer service team was awesome and I love it the rifle.

Axlrod

WKR
Interesting. Did you have to ask for this? I didn't ask, but CA, in no way, made me are that they would pay for it.
They should email you a return label. Print it out, tape it to the outside of the gun box, and take it to whatever shipper's name is on the label (Fedex or Ups). You don't need an FFL. It is legal to ship your gun and for them to ship it back to you. Unless you have a state law that forbids it.

IdahoBeav

WKR
They should email you a return label. Print it out, tape it to the outside of the gun box, and take it to whatever shipper's name is on the label (Fedex or Ups). You don't need an FFL. It is legal to ship your gun and for them to ship it back to you. Unless you have a state law that forbids it.
For me back in January, they (CA) did provide the shipping label. They instructed me to package, label, and drop it with an FFL for shipment. The FFL I use told me that was not necessary, so I dropped it at UPS and it was successfully delivered to CA. However, CA told me that they would not ship it back directly to me, that they only ship to an FFL. They also required that I include a copy of the FFL's license in the box with the rifle.

Axlrod

WKR
For me back in January, they (CA) did provide the shipping label. They instructed me to package, label, and drop it with an FFL for shipment. The FFL I use told me that was not necessary, so I dropped it at UPS and it was successfully delivered to CA. However, CA told me that they would not ship it back directly to me, that they only ship to an FFL. They also required that I include a copy of the FFL's license in the box with the rifle.
Wow, I didn't know they changed their procedure. It was like 3 years ago or so, that I shipped a Ridgeline back and forth twice to CA. No FFL involved.

WCB

WKR
Did they pay for handling by the FFL? Usually the firearm should go back they exact way it came. From customer/owner to manufacturer...manufacturer back to customer/owner...or through FFL from owner to manufacturer etc. I've brought in tons of firearms for work and it is frowned upon to deviate from that.

IdahoBeav

WKR
Did they pay for handling by the FFL? Usually the firearm should go back they exact way it came. From customer/owner to manufacturer...manufacturer back to customer/owner...or through FFL from owner to manufacturer etc. I've brought in tons of firearms for work and it is frowned upon to deviate from that.
They did not reimburse me for the FFL transfer. They only provided a shipping label, and they recommended that I drop the rifle at the FFL for UPS pickup. My FFL said that this would be no different than dropping the package, w/label affixed, at a UPS store.

They did not reimburse me for the FFL transfer. They only provided a shipping label, and they recommended that I drop the rifle at the FFL for UPS pickup. My FFL said that this would be no different than dropping the package, w/label affixed, at a UPS store.
If you own the gun and the same gun comes back from CA, there should be no transfer fee. The gun is already yours, they don’t need to transfer it back to you. Your FFL is crooked as hell if he charged you a transfer fee.

IdahoBeav

WKR
If you own the gun and the same gun comes back from CA, there should be no transfer fee. The gun is already yours, they don’t need to transfer it back to you. Your FFL is crooked as hell if he charged you a transfer fee.
Then why won't CA ship directly to my house? They would only be returning what I sent them and is already mine, right? Is CA crooked as hell?

The FFL has no way of knowing that I am legally able to own a firearm until he does the NICS, which was done after the return shipment from CA was delivered to the FFL. CA provided me with the label for the outgoing shipment. Maybe it would have been possible for CA to send the label to the FFL, and the FFL would package the rifle and verify the S/N on the outgoing and return shipments, but this still seems like he would be taking on some liability, and it would certainly involve his time, which isn't free.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
corkys