277 kill anything thread

Unckebob

WKR
I just bought a 6.8W with plans to use it this year. Hopefully, I can contribute to this thread soon.

With 270 Winchesters slaying game for 100 years, I thought I would like to see some .277 photos to make the .223 fans think twice.

I just bought a 6.8W with plans to use it this year. Hopefully, I can contribute to this thread soon.

With 270 Winchesters slaying game for 100 years, I thought I would like to see some .277 photos to make the .223 fans think twice.
Pics will look the same, if not a little less exciting than the optimized .223 wound channels. Centerfire rifle cartridges are more alike than different when it comes to terminal performance with good bullets.

Good luck with your 6.8W, as a matter of fact I just picked up a new rifle in 6.8W myself, ordered Talley 30mm rings and still deciding on scope, narrowed down to 3 different ones, all 3 are 30mm tubes.

Good luck with your 6.8W, as a matter of fact I just picked up a new rifle in 6.8W myself, ordered Talley 30mm rings and still deciding on scope, narrowed down to 3 different ones, all 3 are 30mm tubes.

My rifle is 6.3lbs and I decided to go with 1" Talley rings and a 3.5-10 Leupold. My next bid purchase is going to be a better scope.

As for the posters who think the 270 Win has too much recoil, they might want to try one suppressed. They are pussy cats with a can.

Hey, did anyone here tell all the rifle manufacturers and custom rifle builders to forget about building anything other than a 223 because its a fact thats all you will ever need.....its just as good as anything much more powerful? interesting...very interesting indeed. im pretty sure most are more than skeptical. Yeah, I think im keeping my 270 Winchester.

As for the posters who think the 270 Win has too much recoil, they might want to try one suppressed. They are pussy cats with a can.

No doubt. Pussy cat on recoil, but hits like a lion. 3155fps in mine with 130gr. Wind drift almost identical to my 6.5 140eldm out to 600 yards with far less drop.

I've killed several whitetails with the .270 Win with Winchester Power Points, Core Lokts, SSTs, and one with a 140gr SGK.

This is my 2020 Caribou. Shot with a 145gr ELD-X at 125yds on the run offhand after my wife wasn't comfortable with the shot. Shot entered high on the shoulder and stopped in the hide on the offside. Meat damage was extensive, and internal organs were jelly. There were no internal pictures because by this time, my wife had one on the ground, and it was 3 pm with work the next day, 5 hours from home.
8f359c53e1bf18c43040db7e1e087c82.jpg
ac211623856dc7dbe41d3e47d9d2a7d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

This is my 2022 Caribou. Again, with a 145gr ELD-X. Shot was 30-40 yards offhand over whatever those bushes are called. He was facing me straight on. The bullet entered just right of his windpipe and traveled back into his chest cavity. Lungs were a goopy mess. No pictures of the inside because I was getting destroyed by mosquitos or getting rained on while quartering him.

Now, as to ripping on smaller calibers. It's not warranted. Any bullet capable of reaching and causing extensive damage to the vitals will result in meat in your freezer. Let's try to keep this thread on the topic of .277 caliber projectiles putting meat in freezers.
be86c234374d9acacfeee7cdaea344c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Back