Is your angled spotter holding you back?

Lots of good points in the pod. My spotter is angled but I like the idea of moving my binoculars to the tripod and not having to reset. I make it work. I just glass with the binoculars with a trekking pole then put the spotter on deer if I find them, then continue to glass with the binoculars until I find something better to look at. I don't use a spotter that much but it's a great idea I hadn't considered when I bought my spotter, and I do have a binocular tripod mount. Hmmm, might have to change things up.

Binos on tripod about 80 percent of the time. Taken off and angled spotter gets put to use to keep an eye on certain animals while I look for more. I also prefer an angled while standing and viewing my phone scope later in season in the cold

You’ll never convert me to do ditch my angled
But the 12x NLs on a tripod are weapons for most glassing.

Here’s a good listen for a counter argument.
Pick your poison. If your happy than that’s all that matters.

Pistolpete28

Lil-Rokslider
Great podcast, I’ve always ran a straight spotter. I also run the outdoorsman’s system, but my bino and spotter don’t line up perfectly when I change between the 2. My binos are a little higher. You’ll have to touch on the shims you were talking about in a future podcast.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
Preach 🙌. I couldn't agree more. Even though I'm using NL 12s I think your right about the 10s also. FOV is king for finding deer.

ianpadron

WKR
I used to have angled spotters, now I only use straight. I find them superior for all but standing glassing, which I don't do.

The faster acquisition and less adjustment does make a difference in the field to me

Preach . I couldn't agree more. Even though I'm using NL 12s I think your right about the 10s also. FOV is king for finding deer.

Im in the same boat. Any thoughts of switching to the 10x52s? I’ve proved many times that clarity beats magnification. Low light clarity on the 10x with that 52mm objective may outperform the 12x mag…plus greater fov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
Im in the same boat. Any thoughts of switching to the 10x52s? I’ve proved many times that clarity beats magnification. Low light clarity on the 10x with that 52mm objective may outperform the 12x mag…plus greater fov.

The clarity and light gathering on 10x NL's is so phenomenal I don't know what the benefit of the 52 is. I've never used big objective low power binos before to know if they are in fact better but I don't feel like there's a weakness to the original 10x NL

The clarity and light gathering on 10x NL's is so phenomenal I don't know what the benefit of the 52 is. I've never used big objective low power binos before to know if they are in fact better but I don't feel like there's a weakness to the original 10x NL

I hear that. The NL 12x42 on a tripod are ridiculous. I switched this spring from 10x42 SLC HDs, and can’t believe how good they are. I’d love to see a side by side in low light/long distance with the 10x52s, trying to judge a buck.