Is this Kryptek Sheep hunt film satire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCB

WKR
Be interested to know if they hand any inked arrangement on that or it was just spoken. They even showed before the hunt started they each already had "their" rams allocated. Would be pretty hilarious to shoot a 200"+ ram out from under a $175k governor's tag holder with outfitter preference after they flubbed the shot.
Dont think there could be a written agreement...and if thers was whatbare they going to sue saying "he shot the ram i missed 5 times"...I would have zero reggret shooting any animal out from under anybody that is that pathetic of a shot. Same with any of these other hunts where guides "run guys off"...I put extra effort into kilking that animal

TheTone

WKR
This is probably a dumb question but why was the guy who drew the tag hunting with the guy who bought the governor's tag? Did they independently arrive at the same outfitter? Did the outfitter give the draw guy a free hunt for publicity? I would imagine that outfitter is pretty pricey for the guy who drew.

Either way I agree with the comments, surprised it actually made it to the public. At the very least they showed what really happened

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
There is only one outfitter for the area

What a magic show! From the piss poor shooting, to the measuring the horns in the field, to 19 guys on the hunt. Not a chance in hell youre getting my rifle out of my hands if I'm the draw tag holder.

positivepete!

Lil-Rokslider
This is just sad. I get it that nerves play a part in making a good shot and thats why we practice year round. It seems that this guy didn't practice enough and the groop of people behing him didn't help. My issue is when you go Winchester on rounds and grab someone else's rifle in hopes of shooting some more. There is a reason there are rules that say how many rounds a rifle can carry. If this guy had an auto and another 10 rounds I would venture a guess to say that he would have kept putting them downrange iratically. He dosent care if he hits the ram 20 times in the rear and ruins meat. All he wants is the head and cape. It makes all of us as hunters look bad to the people who don't like hunting in general. I get it things happen that are out of our control and not always do things go as planned but in situations like these maybe just keep the film more private. Sure go on and show friends and family the video but there is no need to youtube it. It just would really suck to have seen him wound a amazing ram like that just because he can't shoot under pressure. And it would suck even more if the anti hunting people get ahold of this and use it against us.

AZ8

WKR
Seriously. I certainly can't say that I would've made any of those shots. I can say that I have 0% interest in ever having a group of dudes pulling on my shirt, spinning me around, pointing out when and where to shoot, telling me where to run, and that sort of thing. One of the major attractions of hunting is the freedom, do what you want to do, when you want to do it, on your terms. What a nightmare.
My thoughts too. It was like my 2nd grade teacher grabbing and forcing me back in line, instructing me to face forward and be quiet! Haha

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm no sharp shooter, and the video isn't doing hunters any favors, but dear lord that shooting sequence was funny to watch.
Only thing funnier is an Antelope Island mule deer hunt I watched on YouTube. I think it's sponsored by Fierce Firearms with Mossback. You can see all the empty shell casings from shots they don't show on video. I commented it sucks to have a half minute rifle with a ten minute shooter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Funny you say that, the gov tag holder in this case (Doug Sayer) was the chairman of WSF until 2016 or 2017.

All kinds of good reading on the subject of controversy when Doug was in that position with wsf. I'd like to thank the good folks at hunttalk for sharing.

Cliff notes: in 2016 it was released that Doug was pressing the ID governor to get rid of 2 IDFG commissioners who opposed his push to create more ID auction tags. The governor proceeded to not re-appoint the 2 commissioners who voted against Doug and in line with the residents of ID in this matter. The emails in relation to this were released after a FOIA request IIRC.

I remember when that happened. He's a grade A turd. Great representative for WSF

OP
wind gypsy
Just read a couple interesting tidbits. "The Duke" is the ID state record bighorn and Butch the kryptek founder/CEO was one of the main guys in the vid.

Htm84

WKR
You can't even do that anymore, YouTube did away with dislikes

The thumbs down isn’t visible to the public but the channel can see the numbers.

“YouTube will continue to count the number of dislikes, but creators will have to head to Studio to find it. The public just won’t see it. The lack of dislike figures should reduce the number of hate attacks, but creators can still receive feedback from users in the comments”

The thumbs down isn’t visible to the public but the channel can see the numbers.

“YouTube will continue to count the number of dislikes, but creators will have to head to Studio to find it. The public just won’t see it. The lack of dislike figures should reduce the number of hate attacks, but creators can still receive feedback from users in the comments”

Good to know, i will give this a hard thumbs down now. What an embarrassment for sportsmen

Status
Not open for further replies.