Is the vortex viper HD 20-60x80 worth 500? Camofire today...

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
My apologies if this type of post is breaking a rule that I didn't see. I've been doing the spotting scope vs binos debate for a while, and am currently in the "save a few more pennies and wait" phase, however this deal popped up on camofire today. Seems pretty good, but I am an optics newbie. I'm primarily an Eastern whitetail hunter so this is for the occasional Alaska adventure (my brother lives there, roughly once a year or so I visit, so far to fish but this year for bears as well) so... This seems like a good purchase for my once in a while needs. https://www.camofire.com/index.php/Deals/2. Thought? Am I better to continue the plan to save up for some better used optics? To be honest I was leaning binos before this deal popped up and set off my gear whore instincts. Thanks for any advice. This would be my first spotter, I used to have some vortex diamondback binos but lost them due to a divorce, they worked great the minimal amount I used them/don't have more experience to compare them to

Screenshot_20230128-140041.png

OP
T

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies. Lots to learn about optics still (obviously) but seems like I'm best passing on this option for now, still leaning towards saving around 1k for binos