is Kuiu going to make it in time with our orders before the season?

sk1

WKR
well for those of you like me with stuff on pre-order, think they are going to have it delivered before our seasons start?

I'm leaving for my area August 17th, I just added another item to my pre-order list and they say a few weeks like they have been saying since the beginning of June. I sure do hope they come through in time or I may have to consider buying some sitka ascent pants for this season

Im waiting on attack pants, merino beanie, and merino 250 zip t...

i have received the new merino 185 crew t, hat, spindrift, and guide vest

who else is waiting on things they need for the season?

Probably best to call them and find out; only they know the answer. I started ordering early just to avoid your situation.

tstowater

WKR
I ordered everything early also as I am going to Alaska at the end of August and did not want to be on back order as there were several things I needed. If I would have had the time to wait, I could have gotten some of the "new models" with the updates. I like the stuff I got and will update only if I determne the new to be necessary. KUIU may be able to tell you some of the expected dates, but some are dependent on suppliers.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Probably best to call them and find out; only they know the answer. I started ordering early just to avoid your situation.

i just said in that post i just called them this morning and also said what they said :) take another look....i didn't order early because I never heard of kuiu until about the beginning of may :(

just felt like posting about it anyways and see if other people think they will have their gear in time or not

Last edited:

IrishnId

WKR
I've justed started reading about the Kuiu gear and would love to order some clothes and a pack for this year, but would be pretty bummed if I didn't have some of it for the 1st hunts in late august early september. I think they might need a few more workers in there supplier area.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've justed started reading about the Kuiu gear and would love to order some clothes and a pack for this year, but would be pretty bummed if I didn't have some of it for the 1st hunts in late august early september. I think they might need a few more workers in there supplier area.

If you call them and tell them the dates of your hunts they might be able to work with you on making sure you get your stuff in time.

A lot of it is going to depend on your size. I am a Medium. My Chugach rain gear took 4 days to get here from the day I called and placed the order.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
called again today, supposedly my 250 zip t will be ready within a week i believe, but the attack pants still no word....they say that they are having some meeting tomorrow about shipments so hopefully i will know soon

Lawnboi

WKR
I dont see how some of you that have been waiting so long dont have your stuff.

I started out the year with zero kuiu items.... and i have accumulated all of the ones I desire ( which is about 90% of thier line), in the colors i desired. Just took peeking on thier webpage every now and then. Thier facebook also let me know when alot of the stuff was coming into stock.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
I dont see how some of you that have been waiting so long dont have your stuff.

I started out the year with zero kuiu items.... and i have accumulated all of the ones I desire ( which is about 90% of thier line), in the colors i desired. Just took peeking on thier webpage every now and then. Thier facebook also let me know when alot of the stuff was coming into stock.

I've been on pre order since may so I shouldn't have to keep checking those things. That being said I still do check their site and Facebook and call and check for updates. They just don't have attack pants in vias camo size 34....my 250 zip t shipped yesterday I just really need my pants soon!

tstowater

WKR
They just don't have attack pants in vias camo size 34.... I just really need my pants soon!

For a small fortune, I might find that I have an extra pair of those. I think I bought 2 pairs of camo plus the grays plus the guide pants in camo. Not sure what I was thinking, but must not wanted to run out. I need to think about that before I commit anything. I do have a 14 year old (this coming Sunday) who will likely want to "borrow" a pair soon.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
well if for some reason you decide you want to part with them, shoot me a pm, if kuiu doesnt come through ill buy some sitka ascent pants, ill live either way

Lawnboi

WKR
well if for some reason you decide you want to part with them, shoot me a pm, if kuiu doesnt come through ill buy some sitka ascent pants, ill live either way

Its because of the problems i was hearing with the preorder list that I ended up not preordering anything, and actually just waited to purchase at the storefront. The attack pants have come into stock in all sizes from that date you gave you should have them by now. Shoot iv goten 3 pairs in that timeframe in my size!

If you havnt already i would call and state your claim... Hard not to be upset but its a small company putting out alot of stuff. They always anser the phone during business hours and are always helpful. Hopefully they can help you out

Nothing against the company but I wanted to order a Chugach Vias Large and it won't be available to ship until the first of September. Too late. :(

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
same on my attack pants, just got told today they will not have them in until sometime in september and my hunt starts august 18th.....bummer i really wanted to try them out, looks like i need to hurry and go buy a pair of sitka ascent pants!