is Kuiu going to make it in time with our orders before the season?

Chris

FNG
same on my attack pants, just got told today they will not have them in until sometime in september and my hunt starts august 18th.....bummer i really wanted to try them out, looks like i need to hurry and go buy a pair of sitka ascent pants!

Dang, I'm in the same exact boat. Time to get something quick!

Ozz08

WKR
Yeah I keep slowly accumulating more Sitka cause every time I want to buy a Piece of kuiu they don't have my size or they are back ordered. I hate buying stuff on back order! I can always find Sitka in stock at a number of on line retailers and get it pretty fast too.

BigWave

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, getting a little sour with them and their availability also. Good stuff, yes, but its about go time, and theres lots of guys waiting for gear. I'm buying some "other" stuff now and not waiting any longer.

KMT

WKR
I'm not sure if it is poor planning, problems with suppliers, trouble with getting enough financing to buy inventory, or something else. But, the company doesn't seem to be able to meet its consumer demand. For two years in a row, they have not been able to deliver clothing before hunting season.

Lawnboi

WKR
Have you guys been trying to get stuff for a while now? or just recently have you wanted to order. I have every piece that i want, iv accumulated most of it in the last 6 months, and had multiple oppritunities to get everything besides the guide gloves which i just ordered. I dont understand being upset

The thing that i like about KUIU is that if you call, they answer, and try to fix whatevers up.

Ozz08

WKR
I've been trying since it came out. Im not totally persistent with it or anything. I just casually check their site for gear. Just when I think of it or when I decide I want a piece I go check the store and I swear I'm snake bit with them. Every time they are back ordered on the piece of gear I want at the time. Now Im at a Point where I've built a complete system out of Sitka, first lite, and core 4 element and I don't need anything else. I'm sure if I made it a major point to constantly check when they get their shipments I could have bought a bunch of kuiu but I just don't think about it as much. The way I think about is of all the gear we buy for hunting, Packs, footwear, tents, bows, guns, etc..... clothing should be the easiest and most accessible purchases we make and with kuiu it just is not. I got my kifaru T1 faster than guys are getting gaiters from kuiu! From everything you guys say about kuiu I know it's good stuff and the prices a great and I still want some of their stuff I just hope the next time something I need or want pops into my head I can go to their site and have the item available for me to purchase.

I feel for the folks who went to look for something in their size and couldn't find it...BUT, the best way to get KUIU gear, especially with their current business model is to get on the pre-order list when they announce a new product or shipment since they fill that first and then make the rest available to anyone who did not pre-order something. You don't get charged until it ships so you aren't out any money with no product.

Ozz08

WKR
Yep your right. I should have joined their email list or pre order list. I don't want it to sound like I'm totally frustrated with kuiu like I said ive been just a casual observer and admirer of their clothing. I'm not dying for the stuff. If I was totally serious about getting kuiu I know I could have had it by now. I still think the lack of regular availability is crazy though.

trevore

Lil-Rokslider
I've been able to get the last few items I wanted without problem. I'm on the pre order list for another pair of vias attack pants but I can do without. I think they're just moving more gear than they really planned for this early. Their first order of the "new" guide jacket was 500 if I recall. I called looking for an update and was told all but a few of the mediums went to those on the pre order list. My large was on a second smaller shipment, which I rec'd a week or two ago.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Have you guys been trying to get stuff for a while now? or just recently have you wanted to order. I have every piece that i want, iv accumulated most of it in the last 6 months, and had multiple oppritunities to get everything besides the guide gloves which i just ordered. I dont understand being upset

The thing that i like about KUIU is that if you call, they answer, and try to fix whatevers up.

ive been on the kuiu pre-order list for attack pants size 34 since may 1st, they ran out of the 34's at the end of april....i also call once a week, that size has not come in since april.....i agree there customer service is awesome, i call, they answer....and explain things the best they can and will do what they can for you...eventually ill get my attack pants and anything else i need in the off-season so this doesnt happen again!

on a side note, everything else i pre-ordered i got in time....250 zip t, merino beanie, 185 crew, neck gaiter....the other things i bought they had in stock

ill just buy some sitka ascent pants and maybe sell them and take a loss when they attack pants come in

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Looks like Vias 34 attack pants are in stock but not solids.

Sending you a PM

They show them in but when you try to add it to your cart it says not available.....been like that for awhile unfortunately but thanks for the thought!

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
They show them in but when you try to add it to your cart it says not available.....been like that for awhile unfortunately but thanks for the thought!

I have some on preorder, amber told me they will not be here in the month of September. I was excited when I saw that too and that excitement quickly went away when I tried adding it in my shopping cart.