Is Axial/Alterra no longer offering stocks?

KU_Geo

WKR
I chatted with them at sheep show a bit on this topic. They have a new stock design they plan to release as a component in the near future. Has a slightly curved comb, grip to trigger sitance is slightly shorter, and integrated forend rail similar to gunwerks clymr. I liked the shortened grip/trigger distance as the existing mold is a touch long for my hand. Overall, I like the new stock. Excited for them to get it on the market. Expect it to be higher priced than the previous version…

Ram94

WKR
I chatted with them at sheep show a bit on this topic. They have a new stock design they plan to release as a component in the near future. Has a slightly curved comb, grip to trigger sitance is slightly shorter, and integrated forend rail similar to gunwerks clymr. I liked the shortened grip/trigger distance as the existing mold is a touch long for my hand. Overall, I like the new stock. Excited for them to get it on the market. Expect it to be higher priced than the previous version…
Curved as in Monte Carlo style? Did they say they would also be offering the original version?

KU_Geo

WKR
@Ram94 Curved as in a slightly subdued arc on the weatherby mark v carbon stocks and on gunwerks clymr. But not a Monte Carlo style stock. It did not sound like the original would be available as a component. But they are going to still make/use it on some of their own rifles. That’s what the rep told me at sheep show.

RyanT26

WKR
I have no need for one right now but it’s kind of like when the SWFA 3x9’s coming to stock, you almost have to buy one.

Ram94

WKR
I was very much looking forward to this release, but at that price I am out. Pushing $1,500 Canadian after import is ridiculous.

With Stocky's T3 VG Hunter at 23 oz, outfitted with Limbsaver pad, at $488, I just cannot see spending $900 on the Allterra.

I recently picked up an OEM T3x composite stock with the vert grip and beavertail forend for $65 from another RS member. I'm going to shoot the heck out of it before I bite the bullet and spend hundreds more on a slightly lighter and more ergonomic model.

RyanT26

WKR
Do not spot bed, the recoil lug, and then complain about the stock. They’ve made it about as clear as they can.

MORE ON BEDDING:
A qualified gunsmith will have to FULL LENGTH bed the action with pillars and a recoil lug to your stock. Pillars will need to be cut to length by the gunsmith you choose. The pillars prevent stock crush over time, keeping the torque values consistent. Our stocks are inletted/machined with the tolerance needed for a qualified gunsmith to bed your action. The bedding will ensure your action stays secure and is repeatable for a lifetime of use. We do not recommend bedding your own stock if you are not a trained gunsmith. Once work is done to the stock it is not eligible to be returned per the return policy below.

Do not spot bed, the recoil lug, and then complain about the stock. They’ve made it about as clear as they can.

MORE ON BEDDING:
A qualified gunsmith will have to FULL LENGTH bed the action with pillars and a recoil lug to your stock. Pillars will need to be cut to length by the gunsmith you choose. The pillars prevent stock crush over time, keeping the torque values consistent. Our stocks are inletted/machined with the tolerance needed for a qualified gunsmith to bed your action. The bedding will ensure your action stays secure and is repeatable for a lifetime of use. We do not recommend bedding your own stock if you are not a trained gunsmith. Once work is done to the stock it is not eligible to be returned per the return policy below.
Wait a minute… a guy has to spend $900+ for the stock, and then pay a smith another couple hundred to bed it, voiding the “warranty”? WITW?

This is just starting to get silly. Reminds me of the Edsel and Pontiac Aztek.

Last edited:

RyanT26

WKR
Wait a minute… a guy has to spend $900+ for the stock, and then pay a smith another couple hundred to bed it, voiding the “warranty”? WITW?

This is just starting to get silly. Reminds me of the Edsel and Pontiac Aztek.

If you can properly do a full length bed job you’re good to go.
I believe this stems from people spot bedding the recoil lug and pillars and tdamaging the stock and then blaming Allterra for poor stock design.
I will say, I love the 2 I have and if I needed a third I would pay the asking price for one.
It looks like a manners eh1 starts at $850ish. Gunwerks Clymr $995. I don’t think their off base when you compare what similar stocks are selling for?
Comparing a Allterra stock to the Pontiac aztek (poor design and a piece of crap) is a poor comparison. I wish companies would start producing stocks with the design features of the Allterra.

Last edited: