Is Axial/Alterra no longer offering stocks?

If you can properly do a full length bed job you’re good to go.
I believe this stems from people spot bedding the recoil lug and pillars and tdamaging the stock and then blaming Allterra for poor stock design.
I will say, I love the 2 I have and if I needed a third I would pay the asking price for one.
It looks like a manners eh1 starts at $850ish, I don’t think their off base.
Comparing a Allterra stock to the Pontiac aztek (poor design and a piece of crap) is a poor comparison. I wish companies would start producing stocks with the design features of the Allterra.
I’m sure the stocks aren’t a piece of crap. However, their re-release is reminiscent of this statement.

“From the outset, Pontiac was intent on producing a radical vehicle that would revitalize the brand, wow the world, and re-establish Pontiac as the avant-garde American automaker it had been.”

The Allterra stocks were in high demand before they went out of production. Many folks, including myself, were hoping they would return with the anticipated quality and features at a reasonable price point.

Unfortunately, at $900+ their return may be short lived as they really haven’t differentiated themself in the market. They’re double the price of the Stocky’s carbon VG hunter, and for the extra money all you get is a heavier stock, negative comb, rail, and QD flush cups. You also get a stock that has virtually zero warranty since you can’t return it once you have the required bedding done.

If a guy can afford a $900+ stock, you’re probably better off just getting one of their complete rifles. At least then you have a really nice complete rifle with a guarantee.

RyanT26

WKR
I’m sure the stocks aren’t a piece of crap. However, their re-release is reminiscent of this statement.

“From the outset, Pontiac was intent on producing a radical vehicle that would revitalize the brand, wow the world, and re-establish Pontiac as the avant-garde American automaker it had been.”

The Allterra stocks were in high demand before they went out of production. Many folks, including myself, were hoping they would return with the anticipated quality and features at a reasonable price point.

Unfortunately, at $900+ their return may be short lived as they really haven’t differentiated themself in the market. They’re double the price of the Stocky’s carbon VG hunter, and for the extra money all you get is a heavier stock, negative comb, rail, and QD flush cups. You also get a stock that has virtually zero warranty since you can’t return it once you have the required bedding done.

If a guy can afford a $900+ stock, you’re probably better off just getting one of their complete rifles. At least then you have a really nice complete rifle with a guarantee.
If stocky’s could/would add or offer those things I would agree they would be comparable, but the don’t. If they did I would buy on in a second. Again if you compare them to their equal Manners, Gunwerks Clymer, McMillan, prices are in line.
The clymr is 32oz’s, EH1 28ozs’s using your logic their trash compared to stockys carbon.