Iron Will Wide for elk?

ICU_RN

FNG
After searching for awhile and not hearing any first hand accounts, has anyone shot and recovered elk with the wide series broadhead? I have shot several whitetails and very pleased with the results, and of course there are many reviews about standard IW with elk. Even though I carry both in my quiver, just curious on performance with the wide series on bigger game.

I asked Bill this question at the hunt expo last year and I believe he said the wide would be fine for an elk. That said, I went with the standard and it did a fine job on my elk last season. Curious to hear if anyone has shot an elk with the wide as well...

The design of the wide is going to give less penetration than the standard. As long as you aren't shooting a low energy setup you will be fine. They just aren't going to come out and recommend that you use it on elk for when someone desides to use it with a 40# bow and a 325 grain arrow.

I'm betting the Iron Will wide will probably out penetrate any mechanical available, and most 3 blade broadhead designs. Plenty of elk are killed with both of those every year.

I don't use the wides, I have shot the solid standards. I might get some wide blades to try. I mostly use the IW's out of my trad bows, I prefer larger cutting areas for my compound.

Back