Iron will tune

OP
Dinglebottoms
If you already have the quad exodus...you already have one of the best broadheads made, for the money especially. Make sure your arrows fly perfect and go kill everything.
I don’t still have them I sold all my gear a couple years ago but they worked well, going to start out with them for this season tho.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Factory fletched vanes are typically a 1 degree offset blazer vane or something very similar. These should provide decent stability with a fixed blade head, but a little more angle makes can improve accuracy. I like 2.5-3 degrees offset or helical. The rotation averages out any asymmetries. Less rotation will make the flight more sensitive to arrow and component straightness. Iron Will broadheads should shoot as well as any fixed blade head with your factory fletched arrows since we have tight tolerances on concentricity. With whatever head you choose, spin all your arrows and make sure the tip spins true and does not wobble. This is always important but even more so with only 1 degree offset. Good hunting!

OP
Dinglebottoms
Factory fletched vanes are typically a 1 degree offset blazer vane or something very similar. These should provide decent stability with a fixed blade head, but a little more angle makes can improve accuracy. I like 2.5-3 degrees offset or helical. The rotation averages out any asymmetries. Less rotation will make the flight more sensitive to arrow and component straightness. Iron Will broadheads should shoot as well as any fixed blade head with your factory fletched arrows since we have tight tolerances on concentricity. With whatever head you choose, spin all your arrows and make sure the tip spins true and does not wobble. This is always important but even more so with only 1 degree offset. Good hunting!
Thanks for your reply, I’m definitely thinking on giving them a shot this season. They look like a great broadhead to me.

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
I had tuning issues past 40 yds with IW 125s on my factory 4 fletched VAP TKOs (I believe they are 1° offset). I had a conversation with Iron Will Bill and he suggested 3 vane helicle with a .5 to .55 tall vane and 14% foc or better. I think the tolerances in my factory inserts contributed to the tuning issues maybe more so than the fletchings. I noticed a very slight woble in the arrow on a spinner when I put the heads on that I didn't see with field points that definitely wasn't helping my cause. I'm rebuilding the arrows with 3° left helicle 3 vane max stealths and IW HIT inserts and collars. I also don't mind spending extra on my hunting arrows and love building and testing new setups!
Did you have any issues with the left helical unscrewing the left broadhead? I ask because I shoot a left helical and with the left IW my inserts are all sliding out. The broadhead is still seated, but the insert itself is pulling. Is that a glue issue or and issue with the left-left combo creating so much torque it’s unwinding things?

Chape1rm

Lil-Rokslider
Did you have any issues with the left helical unscrewing the left broadhead? I ask because I shoot a left helical and with the left IW my inserts are all sliding out. The broadhead is still seated, but the insert itself is pulling. Is that a glue issue or and issue with the left-left combo creating so much torque it’s unwinding things?
I had zero issues with the broadheads or inserts coming loose. I was using AAE max impact glue. I can't honestly answer your question tho but if you wanted to keep your setup the same I would start with changing your glue and eliminate that possibility.

It’s likely the glue or installation.