Iron Will Outfitters broadheads

yikes. If they are anything like Montec's they belong in the trash. Those things whistle and drag like no other
No drag for me... And not as loud - 2 vs 3 blade so maybe 30ish percent less. But they do hiss. They are outstanding tho. I would say try the solids. They are supposed to be quite a bit quieter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mmcan

WKR
I just placed an order for the vented and solid 125 grain Iron Will BH tonight. I have read and watched as much as I could about the Iron Will BH, with all the positive responses it was worth a try.

I know there are a lot of good broadheads on the market and many that cost less than the Iron Will. Its kind of crazy spending $200 for six BH but I dropped more than $200 in Vegas and came away with a big bag of nothing. At least I get I lifetime guarantee with Iron Will

I had my 5th shoulder surgery back in late December and I can only pull 50 pound so I am looking for a cut on contact BH to get the maximum penetration on elk this coming year.

I will also be testing the Iron Will out of a Scorpyd crossbow, this crossbow shoots a 600 grain bolt at 386 FPS at this speed I am a little worried about flight. If people are interested I will post up my results

Really interested in the amount of hiss the non-vented bh has, if any. The vented do make some noise, but damn do they fly nice. And they're tough. Ordered some 200's (non vented) but haven't shot them yet. Cant wait!

Vandal 44

WKR
Mmcan, I have been shooting the Iron Will Vented and Non-Vented headed for well over two months. The the Vented do make a little hiss noise but not bad at all, not as bad as some people will lead you to believe. I have also been shooting the Magnus Buzz-Cut and the Black Hornet Ser-Razor, the Magnus make the same amount of noise as the Non-Vented Iron Will. I know Magnus has been around for a very long time and thousands of jumpy whitetail have been killed with the Magnus BH so I am not worried about the Iron Will BH

I think the vanes that people are using are the cause for more of the noise than the BH. I have been shooting different arrow builds this year from four fletch Flash Vanes vs four fletch AAE Stealth Hunter Vanes and there is another Vane by Flex Fletch that I tested with different arrows and point weight. From my non-scientific finding the Flex Fletch Flash Vane created more noise than any other vane.

Mmcan

WKR
Mmcan, I have been shooting the Iron Will Vented and Non-Vented headed for well over two months. The the Vented do make a little hiss noise but not bad at all, not as bad as some people will lead you to believe. I have also been shooting the Magnus Buzz-Cut and the Black Hornet Ser-Razor, the Magnus make the same amount of noise as the Non-Vented Iron Will. I know Magnus has been around for a very long time and thousands of jumpy whitetail have been killed with the Magnus BH so I am not worried about the Iron Will BH

I think the vanes that people are using are the cause for more of the noise than the BH. I have been shooting different arrow builds this year from four fletch Flash Vanes vs four fletch AAE Stealth Hunter Vanes and there is another Vane by Flex Fletch that I tested with different arrows and point weight. From my non-scientific finding the Flex Fletch Flash Vane created more noise than any other vane.

It isn't the fletching causing the hiss on mine. It's the BH. Same arrows for field points, Helix, and the IW. It's noticeable and is really the major reason I've hesitated to switch from the Helix (and I like the single bevel aspect of the helix design). I will have time to shoot them this week and will let you know how they fly and how they sound. (I have Blazers, btw)

Slim Jim

WKR
The Ironwill vented do make a prominent buzz noise in flight. The solids do not. I just did a lot of testing last week with a couple different broadheads and fletching styles. The Ironwills are a very durable head but seemed to drop off a little at longer ranges and the vented made a little too much noise for my liking. They sound similar to a half torn vane from the shaft in flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ironwill vented do make a prominent buzz noise in flight. The solids do not. I just did a lot of testing last week with a couple different broadheads and fletching styles. The Ironwills are a very durable head but seemed to drop off a little at longer ranges and the vented made a little too much noise for my liking. They sound similar to a half torn vane from the shaft in flight.

Did you test with any crosswind? Curious how they respond solid vs vented. One of the other reasons I went vented was the steel vs titanium ferrul.

Last edited:

Slim Jim

WKR
Did you test with any crosswind? Curious how they respond solid vs vented. One of the other reasons I went vented was the steel vs titanium ferrul.

One of the days there was about 10 mph angled crosswinds and they flew well left and right.

mvmnts

WKR
I purchased a 6 pack of the 125gr solids with the carrying case. I was really pleased to see it was a high end SKB case and not some cheap plastic junk. The heads are amazing. First shot with them I forgot to set my floating pin correctly and sent a head through two layers of horse mat. OOPS. The head is still pretty sharp, although not quite what the others have been. That A2 steel is no gimmick.

I did notice that my heads are hitting a little low, but I'm not sure if it's my form or not. Wondering if the heads are hitting low for anyone else, or if I just need to step up my game when it comes to form because fixed blades are less forgiving. No whistling noise that I can really tell. Obviously you can hear them, but I think they are quiet compared to the other heads I've used (ramcats, slick tricks).

I did email IW last week about some tips for sharpening them and they never got back to me. I wish they'd just take the contact form off their website if they're too busy for emails.

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
I did email IW last week about some tips for sharpening them and they never got back to me. I wish they'd just take the contact form off their website if they're too busy for emails.

We developed a dedicated Iron Will broadhead Sharpening guide. We have spoken on the phone and via email with Bill at iron will. He asked if we would offer a sharpening service for his customers. I told him the customer would be better served by sharpening themselves with our guide and they would save a lot of money in the process. We have not ironed out all the details but our Iron Will guide has been selling like crazy telling me his heads are very popular.

paxamus

WKR
When I get mine in- that’s the next purchase is the sharpener!

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

We got a ton of emails last week through the contact us form. I don't see any that we didn't reply to, but it's possible we missed it. If you want to PM me with the details, I'll look into it. We just added a couple more guys to help answer questions to help speed up our response time.

We have videos on our YouTube channel showing how to touch up and thoroughly resharpen our broadheads. See link attached. We also sell a double-sided stone now.

Iron Will Outfitters
- YouTube

mvmnts

WKR
We got a ton of emails last week through the contact us form. I don't see any that we didn't reply to, but it's possible we missed it. If you want to PM me with the details, I'll look into it. We just added a couple more guys to help answer questions to help speed up our response time.

We have videos on our YouTube channel showing how to touch up and thoroughly resharpen our broadheads. See link attached. We also sell a double-sided stone now.

Iron Will Outfitters
- YouTube

Just found that today via your FAQ. Thanks!

Jacack

WKR
Thought about giving the 100 vented a try on elk for early season but ordered some late last week and found out yesterday they won't ship for two weeks so probably won't get them in time since I am driving out early .My fault for waiting I guess.

Last edited:

Slim Jim

WKR
Thought about giving the 100 vented a try on elk for early season but ordered some late last week and found out yesterday they won't ship for two weeks so probably won't get them in time since I am driving out early .My fault for waiting I guess.

I’ve got 3 vented 100 gr for sale if you want them. $75

HeadnWest

WKR
We developed a dedicated Iron Will broadhead Sharpening guide. We have spoken on the phone and via email with Bill at iron will. He asked if we would offer a sharpening service for his customers. I told him the customer would be better served by sharpening themselves with our guide and they would save a lot of money in the process. We have not ironed out all the details but our Iron Will guide has been selling like crazy telling me his heads are very popular.

Can you post a link?

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
The Iron Will sharpening guide also works Magnus Stingers and Buzz cuts (including sharpening the serrations)

[video=youtube_share;qQJ-2WXBkG4]https://youtu.be/qQJ-2WXBkG4[/video]

I would love to try. price is high! Maybe next year. My main question is if there is a lifetime warranty why do they sell replacements parts. Does the warranty not cover the bleeders.

gelton

WKR
I picked up 6 and they seem like great heads. Like others have said they are very loud. If I were to ever buy more I would stick with the solids.

With that being said - here is a PSA that you can take as you will. IME their customer service is highly lacking. If you haven't already ordered and need your broadheads within 3 weeks - DON'T.

The original six that I ordered shipped within 3 days with no issues whatsoever. However I lost one of them, and with 5 arrows in the quiver and two others already shot one of which chipped, I ordered three more so that I could at least have four never shot broadheads in my quiver with my one judo point.

That was on August 8th.

On August 13th I called to check on the order. No answer.

So, on August 13th I filled out the contact us form. No response until August 14th. When I was told that there is a two week lead time (which conveniently is mentioned nowhere on their site.) I immediately replied back saying well if this is the case I need to cancel the order and asked for them to please acknowledge that the order was cancelled. That was about 30 hours ago - No response.

On the same day I also pm'ed Bill here on Rokslide to let him know of my disappointment that the delay isnt mentioned on the site. No response, even though it appears that he has signed in since then.

I then called them again today August 15th - No Answer.

So now I have reached out to them via paypal to again ask them to either ship the product or refund my money.

Should anything change - for better or worse I will be sure to post it here. However, here are my thoughts:

If you are selling a premium product at an ultra premium price then your customer service neeeds to match that and from my experience they clearly dont.

If you are selling a product this close to hunting season and there is a delay - then that needs to be conveyed to the customer before the purchase not after.

Regardless of the quality or the price, good communication is paramount - if you don't have that you don't really have a company.

Perhaps this is just growing pains, and as stated, the product seems superb, loud but still superb. Its not going to change my approach, I have two broadheads that havent been shot and I can sharpen the others.

I am just putting it out there for all the others that may not have purchased yet that the customer service and communication are severely lacking...and if you need your order anytime soon to not place the order. Hopefully they can right the ship. I just hate to see someone not deliver during crunch time when it really counts and that appears to be what is going to happen here.

Should that change I will let you guys know.

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
Based on the sales of our Iron Will Broadhead sharpening guide, he must be selling the hell out of his heads. Perhaps he is growing faster than he can manage for the short term.