Iron will field points worth it?

I never tried contacting them about it. I just quit shooting them when broadhead tuning

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
I never tried contacting them about it. I just quit shooting them when broadhead tuning

So when broadhead tuning you just switch field points correct? I just got a new bow so I have a ton of shooting to do before I start to tune for broadheads.

When I do my broadhead tuning I'll get the bow close with a bareshaft then go to bh tuning. I'll shoot 1 broadhead and 1 field point they shoukd land very close to each other

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
When I do my broadhead tuning I'll get the bow close with a bareshaft then go to bh tuning. I'll shoot 1 broadhead and 1 field point they shoukd land very close to each other
Interesting! I'm new to archery so this is helpful information.

I haven’t gone down the IW field point route, but I can only hope that one day my accuracy is precise enough to know the difference.

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
I haven’t gone down the IW field point route, but I can only hope that one day my accuracy is precise enough to know the difference.
My exact thoughts. I'm for sure not good enough to tell. But I do plan on practicing a whole lot. Bow hunting to me is such a great way to provide food for your family. The taking of an animal in such way just feels very natural to me. Don't know if others feel the same way lol but I do plan to train a lot to be good at it and get my money's worth lol

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The problem I had with them came during broadhead tuning they are indeed a hardened steel and will break ironw will blades if you hit them. The cheaper field points would just be ruined and not hurt the iron will blade
I've broken many different kinds of BH blades over the years with regular combo field points shot into the back of them while BH tuning.

Reactions: Zac

vdocLU164

FNG
I'm sure they are tighter tolerances than the cheap ones but most archers aren't close to as good enough to see a difference in field point accuracy from brand to brand.

dlee56

WKR
I'm sure they are tighter tolerances than the cheap ones but most archers aren't close to as good enough to see a difference in field point accuracy from brand to brand.
Agreed. For me it's about their durability not the accuracy.

I've broken many different kinds of BH blades over the years with regular combo field points shot into the back of them while BH tuning.
I've broke a few cheaper blades over the years but the iron wills woukd always be ok with the cheaper field points when I tried the iron will field points they are obviously tougher than the cheap points. Live and learn pretty safe to say the tune is pretty good when your worrying about hitting the blades

nphunter

WKR
I've broke a few cheaper blades over the years but the iron wills woukd always be ok with the cheaper field points when I tried the iron will field points they are obviously tougher than the cheap points. Live and learn pretty safe to say the tune is pretty good when your worrying about hitting the blades

I think it is just how and where you hit the blade, I messed up an IW S100 with a regular amazon field tip.

entropy

FNG
Kudupoint field points are a fraction of the price and have the same larger than shaft diameter feature. I've been using them for a couple of years now. If you need more than 150 grains you'd have to look elsewhere, but they work great for me.

Another good option is kudu field points, good tolerance, easy to pull, and haven’t had one bend in any way… it’s all I buy anymore

Kudupoint field points are a fraction of the price and have the same larger than shaft diameter feature. I've been using them for a couple of years now. If you need more than 150 grains you'd have to look elsewhere, but they work great for me.
I should have read the last reply before posting 😂

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
😂 All good. I just found them they're much cheaper. The problem is had with the IW's is that the diameter of the field point is bigger than the shaft and its a 5mm shaft. I guess they do that to perfectly accommodate their shock collars. The bigger diameter makes them harder to pull out at close range though. Already bought them so can't send them back.