Iron Will DB vs QAD Exodus vs Magnus Stinger

TX_Diver

WKR
I have shot IW and magnus and both are good.

Anything will work and anything won’t depending on where you hit an elk, so I’d find something that is good quality, durable, flies well and is easy to sharpen.

IW and magnus both fit 3 of 4 (iw not easy to sharpen and magnus not durable). I am shooting cutthroat 3 blades and for me they do great in all 4 categories. They are a bit cheaper than IW as an added bonus.

Whatever you end is choosing get a bubbly and shoot them before the season and you’ll be in good shape.

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
I have shot IW and magnus and both are good.

Anything will work and anything won’t depending on where you hit an elk, so I’d find something that is good quality, durable, flies well and is easy to sharpen.

IW and magnus both fit 3 of 4 (iw not easy to sharpen and magnus not durable). I am shooting cutthroat 3 blades and for me they do great in all 4 categories. They are a bit cheaper than IW as an added bonus.

Whatever you end is choosing get a bubbly and shoot them before the season and you’ll be in good shape.
Stay Sharp system by Innovative Outdoorsman makes sharpening the IW very easy. Video tutorials on how-to as well. I have each of the jig tools for IW, SlickTrick and Sevr blades.

it's remarkable how sharper the Sevr blades are, especially when sharpened new out of the package.

TX_Diver

WKR
Stay Sharp system by Innovative Outdoorsman makes sharpening the IW very easy. Video tutorials on how-to as well. I have each of the jig tools for IW, SlickTrick and Sevr blades.

it's remarkable how sharper the Sevr blades are, especially when sharpened new out of the package.

I used it for the IW heads and it was still a pain as there are 8 different edges to sharpen and you need to reset the head in the jig each time.

it was the easiest way I found to sharpen them but it is still way slower than sharpening a 3 blade head for me.

nubbin

FNG
I’ve eye balled the iron wills and the cutthroat single bevel broadheads, but i can’t get myself to pay what they are asking. The issue i have here in the ozarks, when an arrow passes through a deer, there’s nothing to stop it but rocky ground. I’ve broken many broadheads on pass through shots out of a tree stand. I understand they use tougher steel, but limestone is not very forgiving. I shoot the Magnus black hornets currently, i find them a little tougher than the stingers. But both will zip through a whitetail. Plus I don’t feel as bad as ruining a $13 broadhead as opposed to a more expensive $30+ broadhead.

Ho5tile1

WKR
I think iron will will warranty that as long as it went through an animal so that shouldn’t be an issue. I use the iron will single bevels and love them but they are way over priced imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bgusty

FNG
I've used the Magnus and the IW.

My experience with the magnus 2 blade. Penetrates well until it hits bone. Then either the feral has broken or the blade broke. They are super sharp and fly well, but they were not very strong. My wife shot these at blacktails. Both of her hits struck a rib or a backbone. Both heads were ruined. Seemed like the rib just damaged the Blade, bending it over. She killed the buck though.

The only downfall I see of the IW is the price. I've killed one bull with an S125. It seemed as sharp as it started out.

The other option is a Kudu. Half the price of the IW or less. Very durable and sharp. Easy to sharpen. I've shot several animals with these, and unless I strike a rock I can reuse them.

The QAD is popular. I am not a fan of the blades that are similar to razor blades that just aren't real beefy.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
I haven't had any issues with Magnus durability. Wife put one through a doe's shoulder blade, and I've punched through ribs on entry and exit on my last 3 deer without any bending or damage to the blade.

Marble

WKR
I haven't had any issues with Magnus durability. Wife put one through a doe's shoulder blade, and I've punched through ribs on entry and exit on my last 3 deer without any bending or damage to the blade.
I'm glad they have worked for you. After shooting three into two different blacktail bucks and and all three being ruined afterwards, I won't ever use them. Two had bent ferruls and one had a bent furrel and a broken blade. She shoots a 420 grain at 51 lbs. Spine ruined one and ribs ruined the others.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

ElkNut1

WKR
Lots of great heads out there! I've taken bulls with the Magnus Stingers with zero issues. 4-5 years ago I picked up some IW 100 grain heads more because of the hype they get. I killed a 5 point bull with them on a 40 yard shot, it rolled the tip on that head & beat up bleeders beyond re-sharpening, it was a pass-through. Not bashing them, they're a nice head but we must realize that shit can happen to any head out there. Shoot what gives you the most confidence, it's not always the most expensive one, but it could be! (grin)

ElkNut