Interesting video

TaperPin

WKR
If someone tries it and it works, his buddies will think he’s smart. If the BOAL walks behind a bush at the shot they’ll think he’s stupid. Lol

ShootOkHuntWorse

Lil-Rokslider
Deer that live near a rifle range are sure to react differently than deer out in the middle of a nonmotorized zone right?

I guess whoever filmed that video and then posted it has never heard the saying " Stupidity is better kept a secret than displayed"

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
Deer that live near a rifle range are sure to react differently than deer out in the middle of a nonmotorized zone right?

Yes. We have deer that walk out on our rifle range all the time. It's a pain when they find something they like near the target you're working on shooting. I've shot way over the back of many and they don't flinch.

ID_Matt

WKR
yes, that's exactly what this dumbass needs to be encouraging hunters to do ... especially on public land
What makes him a dumbass? Why is this so bad? I don't think he said anything about public vs private. That deer is definitely on private ground if it is where I think it is.

As far as sighters go, if the situation allows for it, why not? I think one of the owners of this forum has spoken about doing it before....

TaperPin

WKR
I don’t see anything wrong with it during the hunting season. However, it’s not anything I’m interested in since my max range is 600 yards.

I’d think a game warden could argue you are harassing animals if it’s tried outside the season. Idk

If deer were as cute as whales we couldn’t hunt them, and if they looked like big rats there wouldn’t be a limit and the season never ends. lol

What makes him a dumbass? Why is this so bad? I don't think he said anything about public vs private. That deer is definitely on private ground if it is where I think it is.

As far as sighters go, if the situation allows for it, why not? I think one of the owners of this forum has spoken about doing it before....
Well I guess I'm the dumbass then

WCB

WKR
I've seen this many times at longer ranges 500+ yards. I have also seen where the deer bolt and never stop.

So the answer isn't yes...it is...depends

IDVortex

WKR
Wow. Can't believe no one is speaking up for the lost of life with that rock. Why isn't anyone in arms about the rocks? Don't rocks lives matter?!

Vaultman

WKR
Next thing you know the guy didn't have time to sight in at multiple distances before the season to get his drop... he'll just sight it in at the distance the deer is standing at, but 100 yds behind him.