interesting bullet test(s)

eoperator

WKR
There is another thread about this same video.

Edit-search, meateater bullet performance video. I'm not smart enough to link it.

very informative. really need to push those mono-metals fast as the long range shots indicated very little expansion. Kind of what most here already know. I was a bit surprised on the Bergers, but those shots would have yielded very dead animals, especially in fast larger calibers with more weight like a 300mag/300WSM etc.

WKR
I was surprised by the lack of expansion of the solid copper at 500 yards. My experiences over the last 12 or so years have been almost exclusively with 140 bergers. And they do perform very closely to the 135 hybrid they tested. Although at that range I have actually recovered some that looked like the bonded bullet in this test after going through shoulders. Always fun watching tests in the off season.

The terminal ascent is not a typical bonded bullet, it has a solid rear core like the Trophy Bonded. Dang good bullet, but not representative of the whole.

Nosler Accubond, Federal Fusion, Hornady Interbond, Swift Scirocco and others are all full length jackets with bonded cores and the mainstream of bonded bullets.

With a grain of salt I share that as they are very different designs.

Bergers remain my first choice but the Terminal Ascent bullet has been impressive for me as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
I'd love to see the terminal ascent bullets made available to reloaders again. I generally shoot copper bullets, but the high weight retention and short to long range efficacy of the TAs looks great.

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
I'd love to see the terminal ascent bullets made available to reloaders again. I generally shoot copper bullets, but the high weight retention and short to long range efficacy of the TAs looks great.
I’d LOVE to get my hands on some TA’s to load. I tried them in factors ammo with pretty marginal accuracy, but I think the design is awesome. They weren’t awful, so I think a different powder/seating depth might work really well for me. My theory was they didn’t have enough jump in the factory ammo in my rifle.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I was surprised by the lack of expansion of the solid copper at 500 yards. My experiences over the last 12 or so years have been almost exclusively with 140 bergers. And they do perform very closely to the 135 hybrid they tested. Although at that range I have actually recovered some that looked like the bonded bullet in this test after going through shoulders. Always fun watching tests in the off season.
Did they say what velocity it hit at? I exclusively hunt with monos (mostly barnes but some hammers too, to date) but I'll easily add 400fps as my personal minimum over what the manufacturers list for minimum expansion velocities. Some of the other brands seem to be even harder to open (or their initial offerings were anyways).