Incredibly Bright Building Inspection Light

treillw

WKR
I'm looking for a light to inspect attics and buildings that do not have power. Looking for something that will be able to light up a big area - entire attic or relatively large warehouse area. Would also be nice to have variable brightness, so I don't blow out smaller spaces. Size and cost aren't terribly important. Just can't be too big that it doesn't fit through an attic access or something crazy.

Thanks!

Milwaukee M-18 spotlight......
101d3d69-e290-4b1c-b2f5-17105a570faf.jpg

beb05f81-5530-4868-88e6-53137e9172b7.jpg

3193e738-489a-48d7-bb2d-2edcb230c01f.jpg

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on the M18 light. Very bright and you can select the type of light beam... flood or spot. Great light for the application you described.

sv315

FNG
If you aren't already into M18 batteries, something like a Wurkkos TS32 might make sense - or a nice headlamp?

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
If you aren't already into M18 batteries, something like a Wurkkos TS32 might make sense - or a nice headlamp?
15000 lumens.... Guess it would do the job much better than the Milwaukee??

I do already have Milwaukee batteries.

sv315

FNG
15000 lumens.... Guess it would do the job much better than the Milwaukee??

I do already have Milwaukee batteries.
Maybe! To be honest I haven't used either of these, I just like flashlights. Turbo will drop down to under 2000 lumens very quickly, but the high/medium should match the milwaukee claimed 1200 according to this https://1lumen.com/review/wurkkos-ts32/. Batteries & a higher CRI 519A LED for $90 seems good to me. It's also smaller & much lighter.

But there's no tilt head which seems like it could be pretty useful if you want to set it down somewhere, and if the three 21700 batteries aren't enough for a full day, that could be more of a hassle compared to m18

TaperPin

WKR
What kind of inspection? Just peaking through an attic access and shining the light around, or a detailed inspection? Is this to bid jobs, search and rescue, security, or to check on what work was accomplished that day?

Having spent a sizable portion of my working life in attics and crawl spaces, I suspect you want lots of lumens thinking a light can be set up in one place and you won’t have to carry it around. I had a coworker with a monster light and I hated every time we had to work together. One fixed light means big shadows since it can never light up around corners, behind things, or anything your body casts a shadow on. Any time the light is in your face it also makes it hard to see in that direction.

There is no substitute for a big headlamp and a couple of bright LED lights that can swivel from Milwaukee, makita, or dewalt if you need both hands working around a house without light. Shine the big spotlights onto the ceiling for an area light, or use a 360 degree floodlight with one of the giant batteries and a tripod to get it up high.

Every person likes something different. Milwaukee has a good selection of headlamps, neck lights, spots and floods - get one of each and see what you like. There is no one perfect light.

TaperPin

WKR
If you’re searching for people, alive or dead, generations before you have functioned well with a single strong flash light with more or less a narrow beam.