If you wanted a big elk?

JFK

WKR
OP I can totally understand where you are coming from with regard to wanting to get a nice hunt in while you have your health, except that I wouldn’t get too hung up on hitting a number. Big budget leads to big expectations, and can take a lot of joy out a hunt. Just my take on this. Good luck in finding what you are looking for.

Brooks

WKR
Ranch only Landowner tag on a private ranch in New Mexico. With your budget you can hunt in 2023 and be into monster bulls.

What about broadmouth canyon in UT and ID or triple H outfitters in UT and NV?

Just looking at some guaranteed landowner tag outfitters which seem to have some good track records for big bulls

WRO

WKR
What about broadmouth canyon in UT and ID or triple H outfitters in UT and NV?

Just looking at some guaranteed landowner tag outfitters which seem to have some good track records for big bulls

Broadmouth is high fence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The website says broadmouth has high fence but also free range fair chase hunts.

I realize the OP isnt looking for a high fence hunt.

elkman224

Lil-Rokslider
Hunted with Black Mountain 2X. Be cautious. Became great friends with one of the guides. They shot all the huge bulls years ago on the private and havent let them come back as they run so many hunters. We hunted archery and muzzle and it was all public land. Only 400 bull I saw was the one the owner of BMO shot when we were there. NM is the place to go IMO!

If you wanted to hunt for a big bull, 325 inch plus, and had to use a guide, and the budget was $20,000, tag or voucher included, who would you hunt with? State doesn't matter. No fenced hunts.
Vermejo, Hill Ranch, etc?
Basically your dream elk hunt if you had to go guided and needed the tag or voucher included..............
yes the S D C’s as you mentioned are hard to beat.. Co or NM

with that said most have long wait list because repeat clients keep them booked.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Vaquero outfitters, out side of Prescott, AZ on the ORO’s ranch… I think their 6 archery bulls averaged 390 inches last year, that hunt might be a bit more expensive thank 20k though…